• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First time to the snowys

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Hey guys just just looking for some suggestions for riding areas. First time coming to the snowys. We are coming the 3rd and staying in laramie till the 7th. Could you give me some sames of places to check out. Love boodocking tree riding stuff like that. Thanks

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
General rule of thumb for first time riders - if you are heading up from Laramie and the wind is howling and you can't see the peaks - turn on 11 and ride out of Albany. It is a lot easier to navigate down there when the visibility sucks.

Snow right now is pretty sketchy- 7 fools slid twice in the last week, so be careful in the Avy areas ( most are marked on the map )

Going out of Greenrock - definitely go up and see the peaks/views from Libby Flats on a clear day. Make your way up to the quealy warming hut and ride north and catch a view of elk mountain.

Good tree riding out of Albany as you work north and west through Nelson park towards Libby flats. Lots of good riding up by quealy too.

I am sure others will chime in too. There is a lot of area to explore, you should be able to cover a lot of ground in 4-5 days.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Snow right now is pretty sketchy- 7 fools slid twice in the last week, so be careful in the Avy areas ( most are marked on the map )

North side or South side of 7 fools? North side of the hill broke loose on us last year, and she seems to slide more on that north face.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I can't find the picture that was posted. Here is an older one - it is same hill that slides all the time.

. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452465426.835524.jpg

Premium Features