• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy Mtns Riding Areas

S
Feb 14, 2011
Trip planned to the snowies on the 4th. I've only been out there once before and that was 5 years ago so I was curious if any of you could recommend areas we should go/stay away from.

Our group will primarily because looking for hills to climb and open meadows to boondock. We'll be riding out of Albany.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Trip planned to the snowies on the 4th. I've only been out there once before and that was 5 years ago so I was curious if any of you could recommend areas we should go/stay away from.

Our group will primarily because looking for hills to climb and open meadows to boondock. We'll be riding out of Albany.

Check the sticky at the top of this Wyoming section for places to stay. Albany is great if you plan to ride from there. If you plan to look for "hills to climb" or ride in the mountains at all, get avy gear. That includes beacon, probe and shovel in a pack on your back at MINIMUM. Add an airbag and you will be set as long as you know how to use all of the gear. As far as places to ride, the people at Albany should be helpful. Stay away from French Creek if you're not familiar with terrain and be careful on the big hills off of 130 (trail U). You will have trouble going way north and getting back to Albany if you ride a full day without packing fuel.

Premium Features