• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heads Up Discontinued Item

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Do to the cost of the material Skinz uses on their waterproof snowmobile covers they have discontinued them. We have 10 standards and 13 extra long covers available right now. IF you were planning on getting one you'll want to buy now since this is the last of them.

I've used this cover and it's a shame it's going away as it was that good. The cost of material would put this product so out of reach nobody would buy one.

So if you want to get one of the last covers available do it NOW!

Link to More Infomation

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
I bought one of these covers from you Paul, about 7 years ago for my 08 renegade X and I still have It, I've used It on my 08 Gade, my 2010 gade, and now still looks as good as It did to cover my 2015 gade X as It did 3 sleds ago, these covers fit like a glove, and DO NOT tear like the oem covers, due to the stretchy material they use!! These are the best covers for your sled bar none!!:face-icon-small-coo

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well they do tear over time. I know cause I've gone through about 8 of them over the last 10 years (with 3 sleds). If you get a heavy water/snow, then it freezes on them, it can create an inch thick ice sheet. And when going down the freeway at 80mph it will destroy them pretty quick. Best to just stop and take them off when it does that, but it's rare. Usually only get freezing like that on them once every year or two. Then over time they will start to tear right at the handle bars after 2-3 years of use. I usually get in 35-40 days per year, and always garage store my sleds with covers on.

Still the only cover I use though. I hate OEM type covers. Material sucks, scratches headlights, tear easily, hard to get on when they are frozen after riding, and tie down hooks catch on everything.

Really pissed that these covers are discontinued. I just bought 8 of them. Nice $2700 bill lol. At least I know I'll get another decade out of them.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I've been using my 3 for a good 5-6 years now. No complaints, no rips or tears, stored with the covers on, I love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Well they do tear over time. I know cause I've gone through about 8 of them over the last 10 years (with 3 sleds). If you get a heavy water/snow, then it freezes on them, it can create an inch thick ice sheet. And when going down the freeway at 80mph it will destroy them pretty quick. Best to just stop and take them off when it does that, but it's rare. Usually only get freezing like that on them once every year or two. Then over time they will start to tear right at the handle bars after 2-3 years of use. I usually get in 35-40 days per year, and always garage store my sleds with covers on.

Still the only cover I use though. I hate OEM type covers. Material sucks, scratches headlights, tear easily, hard to get on when they are frozen after riding, and tie down hooks catch on everything.

Really pissed that these covers are discontinued. I just bought 8 of them. Nice $2700 bill lol. At least I know I'll get another decade out of them.

I'm sure they're nice, but for the $5600 for 16 covers you've spent, could've bought a d@mn nice enclosed trailer!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I'm sure they're nice, but for the $5600 for 16 covers you've spent, could've bought a d@mn nice enclosed trailer!

Sheesh. . . no kidding! Even with a cover, the mist from the wet roads, containing the corrosive ice melting crap they put on them, STILL gets up under the cover and into the engine compartment, inside the air intake, and just about everywhere. A little ingesting of that stuff into the engine and one is just asking for problems. Plus any aluminum this stuff sits on begins to corrode and weaken quickly.

Enclosed trailer is the ONLY way to go to keep sleds clean and free of corrosion from the roads. As a bonus, you get a warm -out of the weather - place to change into riding gear, work on a sled, store sleds in the summer out of the blistering hot sun, and the list goes on :) Doesn't need to be an expensive enclosed trailer either. Just a 6 x 12 will work fine for 1 sled, and if one needs to haul 2 sleds, and 6 x 14 is perfect - one forward, one backward - with even a little room to spare. I have done this for years. A 6 x 14 will also haul 2 full size ATVs as well and keep them out of the dust during transportation. Its a win, win, win :)

A person can get a good used 6 x 14 for under $4k

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO

8 covers, $2700. Enclosed trailers dont work where I go. One they are too damn heavy, so passing slow as subarus up the canyon takes work. Two they are a wind sail which kills mpg in Wyoming and makes for a dangerous time driving. Three, I have a cabin on the north end of the snowies. The roads always blow over rock hard there. Many times a one lane road becomes blown over so bad you high center the truck and trailer. When stuck you need to take the sleds off the trailer, disconnect trailer from truck and push trailer out by hand and turn it around by hand. You arent doing that with an enclosed. Bad part about this particular area in WY is there are parts where it blows so bad, it goes from dirt for miles, to 2ft of rock hard snow through the trees. So you try to get as far as you can to drop the sleds. Some times you can turn around early, sometimes you have to go for it and hope you dont get stuck.

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I did the enclosed trailer thing, but we ride till June around here and the trailhead might never have enough snow to unload. Can't spin an enclosed on a forest service road.

So it's decks and 2-place trailers for us. Get a cover that fits properly and take an extra minute to snug it up, they can be quite grime proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features