• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRIEST LAKE UPDATE

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
February 1

Today it started snowing at 8:00 am and has not stoped all day. Our guest said it was a whiteout not the best day to ride It was icy up high with this new snow we are looking for a better ride tommrow. If you are looking for snow we have enought to play in and more on the way this week. :smow:

Sundance Mt. Lodge
Tony Wallace
425-417-5252

75 miles north of Spokane

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
February 1

Today it started snowing at 8:00 am and has not stoped all day. Our guest said it was a whiteout not the best day to ride It was icy up high with this new snow we are looking for a better ride tommrow. If you are looking for snow we have enought to play in and more on the way this week. :smow:

Sundance Mt. Lodge
Tony Wallace
425-417-5252

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
It's located right in the heart of tons of riding if they get another two feet of snow. Little store 8min away that has the basic essentials and you can buy your Idaho pass. Also has fuel and sled rental just around the corner. I think the rental place has parts and a few after market items like ice scratchers.

Rooms are large and super clean (bedding and towels seemed damn near new), way better then any hotel I have been to lately. No tv or fridge in the room but has TV and WiFi in the lodge. I think he can handle 20+ people.

Large drying room for all your gear.

Tony is a hell of a cook and he has wine and beer but gota bring your own whiskey if that's your poison.

You are no further than 15min ride (groomed trail) from great riding when the conditions (more snow) are good.

Gave us a nice tour but the conditions just sucked. Was snowing hard yesterday when we left.

I have zero complaints about Tony, the lodge, the food, location, or anything else besides the amount of snow mother nature has failed to bless us with. This is no spa retreat but it's a great place for sledders.

I will surely be going back to his place.

Last edited:

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
February 5

Well it did snow 6" that day and 2" the next day after Sulley left. Last night it snowed 2" but the snow turned to rain about 10:00 am and warmed up to 35* The rain has stoped for now. We still have snow just wish it was more. Still have not heard about the North end of the lake for snow condition. :smow:

Sundance Mtn. Lodge
Tony
425-417-5252

Thank you Sulley for the wright up

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
February 5

Well it did snow 6" that day and 2" the next day after Sulley left. Last night it snowed 2" but the snow turned to rain about 10:00 am and warmed up to 35* The rain has stoped for now. We still have snow just wish it was more. Still have not heard about the North end of the lake for snow condition. :smow:

Sundance Mtn. Lodge
Tony
425-417-5252

It's located right in the heart of tons of riding if they get another two feet of snow. Little store 8min away that has the basic essentials and you can buy your Idaho pass. Also has fuel and sled rental just around the corner. I think the rental place has parts and a few after market items like ice scratchers.

Rooms are large and super clean (bedding and towels seemed damn near new), way better then any hotel I have been to lately. No tv or fridge in the room but has TV and WiFi in the lodge. I think he can handle 20+ people.

Tony is a hell of a cook and he has wine and beer but gota bring your own whiskey if that's your poison.

You are no further than 15min ride (groomed trail) from great riding when the conditions (more snow) are good.

Gave us a nice tour but the conditions just sucked. Was snowing hard yesterday when we left.

I have zero complaints about Tony, the lodge, the food, location, or anything else besides the amount of snow mother nature has failed to bless us with. This is no spa retreat but it's a great place for sledders.

Last edited:

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
February 5

Sundance Mtn. Lodge
Tony
425-417-5252

Last edited:
A
Jan 3, 2014
Maple Valley , Wa
Tony
I just want to really thank you for updating consistently . It has been a very tough year for people who are desperate for any riding at this point. I only read post and have never left a reply however you are worth a huge thank you ! It is really nice to know either way . Snow or no snow . Most of us been sitting here driving ourselfs crazy wondering and asking around of where to go . So again you are very appreciated by me and many others for your time and effort to update and always consistently .
Wish more people who are fortunate enough to live near riding areas would do the same !

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
The End is Here

The Year of Tears
Not a great start, Not a late start, Not a mild winter and Not a good end!!! This Year Just Plain Sucked All the way around. I tryed to keep my hopes up, Looked to the heavens for more snow and It just did't come and know I'ts to late. The End Is Here. Too Late and not enough this is all I have to say for the Year of 2014. Unless it snows?:wave:

Sundance Mt. Lodge
Tony Wallace
425-417-5252

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
The End is Here

The Year of Tears
Not a great start, Not a late start, Not a mild winter and Not a good end!!! This Year Just Plain Sucked All the way around. I tryed to keep my hopes up, Looked to the heavens for more snow and It just did't come and know I'ts to late. The End Is Here. Too Late and not enough this is all I have to say for the Year of 2014. Unless it snows?:wave:

Sundance Mt. Lodge
Tony Wallace
425-417-5252

Thank you Allie see you next year

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
The End is Here

The Year of Tears

Sundance Mt. Lodge
Tony Wallace
425-417-5252

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Thank you for the update. Not what we want but.....:face-icon-small-fro Let us know if some magic snow appears. :face-icon-small-coo

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Now for the Positive News

Visited Tony and his team at the Sundance Mt Lodge last weekend. Great place, wonderful food and a great host. The women had all their teeth, even the ones I brought with me for the Valentines day dinner (food was superb!).

There was about 4 feet of snow up top, about a foot at the Nordman Sno Park. Could they use some snow? Heck yeah, and it is coming in March. The Eastern Pacifc ridge always weakens by the middle of March and the weather changes, so keep the faith!

For you doom and gloom mudders: Come to Sundance in the late spring or early summer and bring your dirt bike and four wheelers. This is great country and the roads lead to all kinds of riding and adventure! We even saw the locals riding in the streets - its real cool vibe and no one is up tight.

We plan on going back - it was a great experience - even with the low snow. Thanks Tony!

Premium Features