• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch side ducting affectiveness?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
is the black plastic ducting on the clutch side side panel worth its weight? seems like it would only work when moving fast.
the top duct runs toward the top of the clutch cover, the bottom one routes straight to the secondary it looks like,

northof40

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
Mine went straight into the garbage before I ever rode my sled (2016), no issues. They are blocked with snow most of the time anyway. Never ran the one on my '13 either, but it had all sorts of vents.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Top duct I left in there. I waterproof heat taped it in better though, as it's crap secured in there from the factory. Bottom one I took off. It just fills with snow and jams up, at least the snow around here. You can put frogzskin over it but I still think it's kinda pointless unless you are only blasting down the trail all day at 60mph. The bottom one acts like a snow plow too. With it off snow doesn't push into the side there as much so there is less resistance moving through the snow when it's on its side. I took the vent that's for an 1100T in the nose of the sled and put it where the hole is there after taking it off. Double secured it with a bead of black e6000 glue cause the one I had on there last year started to peel off cause of pressure on it having my sled on its side so much.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
No ducting at all in my 2014 and no extra vents. Just the little frogzskin vent in front of the primary clutch on the side panel that the only the 2014s came with. No belt issues, but the 3"x4" area is open in front of my steering post with my BDX intake and it seems a lot of the under-hood heat is allowed to escape there. We pulled all the ducting out of my dad's 2016 and installed the little vent in front of the clutch like my 2014 has. Frogzskin on the big opening at the top of the side panel too after the duct came out.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Ya get rid of that stupid scoop and put in a 2cool vent or modrods vent. I prefer the 2cool vents. Stupidest thing Cat did on our Mtn sleds was that dumb air scoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
lol! right on guys, more free weight off...
but i havent found a whole lot yet, so far just the shovel sno-flap, one piece of side panel insulation that looked pointless, and lopped 1.5 inch off both sides of the huge front bumper.

Premium Features