• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys or m8000

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Kind of a no-brainer. Also keep in mind that the Poo issues are always waaay overblown on the internet. Heck, there's like at least 10 Poo riders to every Cat rider. So, you'll always see more Poo issues online.

Pretty much the ratio of sleds out in the mountains.

10 poo riders
2 doo riders
1 cat rider
.3 yammi riders.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Thanks for the replys, I want a sled that's good in the trees but I want to be able to just ride it and not worry, I always have that worry about my pro that the glue in my arms are going to fail, or the carbon rivers going to break. That being said I have 3 seasons on my pro zero issues and I love it. I love how solid the cats are they're just big and heavy

Curious if you have a stated 3 seasons on the Pro, and ZERO issues, why would you even have the slightest worry about the Axys?? I could see if you got stranded once or twice even, but ZERO issues? That shouldn't even be remotely on the radar, imo. If you have the 3 seasons, and ZERO problems on your Pro, shouldn't that give the Axys the benefit of doubt by prior performance?

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Judging by the posts so far, there appears to be only non-concerning, easily fixable issues with the Axys, and if you put another $5k-$10k into the cat, it'll perform similar to the Axys....

Kind of a no-brainer. Also keep in mind that the Poo issues are always waaay overblown on the internet. Heck, there's like at least 10 Poo riders to every Cat rider. So, you'll always see more Poo issues online.

I love how you make a point to say Poo issues are being "waaay overblown on the Internet", yet you waaaay overblow the mods people like on their cats. I think I read $2k quite a bit... In fact I read one that said $5k in the poo and $2k in the cat to make them basically the same sled. You're not very good at math. This is not a correct statement... $5k<$2K<$10k.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The only reason to mod the cat is if ur into really steep sidehills.
50°+ slopes. 90% of the riders don't ride that steep of slope so its really not needed. But if u decide to BMfab board the cat with the Wyo steering mod then the Axys can't keep up. Now the Axys needs $$$$ to sidehill with the cat. Around and around and around. Cat has a better track and engine, stronger chassis.
Poo is lighter.

GS6

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The only reason to mod the cat is if ur into really steep sidehills.
50°+ slopes. 90% of CAT riders don't ride that steep of slope so its really not needed because we like trails and pumpkin spice lattes. But if u decide to BMfab board the cat with the Wyo steering mod then the Axys can't keep up. Now the Axys needs $$$$ to sidehill with the cat. Around and around and around. Cat has a better track and engine, stronger chassis.
Poo is lighter.

GS6

fixed it for for you

LOL

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
He's not wrong. Riding in some very vertical terrains everyone I know personally on a Cat found it easier to do the same things on the AXYS. In fairness, they were stock cats and stock AXYS.

But wouldn't that be the best way to compare them?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
He's not wrong. Riding in some very vertical terrains everyone I know personally on a Cat found it easier to do the same things on the AXYS. In fairness, they were stock cats and stock AXYS.

But wouldn't that be the best way to compare them?

You would think..

At least you don't "NEED" to spend a couple grand on aftermarket parts and then use valuable riding time installing it.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
IMO Poo tends to be an easy target for issues. As soon as one thing goes wrong all the other brand loyalists attack polaris. "See they haven't fixed ****!" Wrong. The new polaris 800 HO seems to be much more reliable than that of the past. As far as a-arms, our group of roughly a dozen riders on the axys, we did not bend or break a single arm. And we ride very aggressive. Having said that, wouldn't you rather break an arm than have that percussion travel thru the arm and into the bulkhead? 2.6 track is honestly kind of garbage. I would say that's the one downfall with the axys. And the Walker Evans shocks. Garbage.

Outside of that, out of the box I would say hands down the axys is a better option. Lighter, narrower, taller. I know there were a lot of sleds with TPS's not to spec but that's an easy quick fix.
Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either the axys or the mountain cat. Just depends what type of rider you are and what's comfortable to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Have 2 axys and they dominated all year long..... Didn't have one single issue either put 800 miles on one and 500 the other. Haven't even changed a belt yet.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I have an Axys and rode the 17 Mountain Cat and my take is if trail riding , , meadows and some hill climbing is your thing the MC is the better sled(trail manners and better shocks)....if you care less about trail manners and want a sled for steep tree riding the axys is more predictable and nimble( I know that word is over used but it best describes the sled). Imo:yo:

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Here is an honest reply. Only rode a 16 cat last year and it just felt big and heavy. The dude who rides it is an animal and he never had a problem hanging with us. I have. T3, 13 pro, and the 163 Axys and until the Ayxs my T3 was my weapon of choice. After the Axys, the pro feels like a fat girl and the T3 does too. Did my sled have some challenges...YES. All but one of them were rider error due to over riding the sled or low snow conditions. The one electrical issue was resolved in a few minutes by the dealer. Other than that, I spent time trying to squeeze every drop of power I could find. Love the sled and excited to see where all these manufactures can go with these amazing sleds across the board.

Premium Features