• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski doo XM, who's got one/getting one?

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Been riding an 09 SummitX 154 for the last 4 years, put a 2.5 Flexedge on, S-36 front end, a few other things, 1600 mi. on stock motor, still runs good.
Rode a 2013 Summit 163 this spring, marched home and found a brand new (73 mi.) X 163 and snapped it up.
Funnest ride I've ever had, Love it!!

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
13 XM and a 14 assault, assualt is easier to ride multiple days in a row and much easier to keep a steep side hill line than the XM. Suspension also goes to the assualt but the big one is power and there is zero doubt the XM pulls much harder than the Polaris. Engine reliability goes to the XM but chassis reliability goes to the assault. If Ski Doo came out with a new chassis I would buy one without hesitation but let's face it the same crap S and E module design since 2008. Not to mention the bogus chain case and constant worry about belt issues. Here in AK the snow is much thicker and we ride at sea level so a stock sled pulls pretty hard. The average belt life with the QRS floated or with a team clutch is 300 miles.
Thanks, but not looking for a review on the Assualt theirs plenty of them everywhere else on Sno-West :face-icon-small-win

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Has anyone who has snow checked got a conformation email from either their dealer of Bombardier?

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I snow checked a 174 T3 and am coming off a heavily modified very lightweight 13 M8. Ski doo seemed the obvious choice since cat and poo didn't change anything just hope I wont regret it

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Snow checked a black 163 t3, coming off of a pro for the last 4 years. My wife has a 14 xm and it has been flawless, cant wait to get the new sled the t3 should be incredible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
XM T-motion, only way to go

My last sled was a 05 REV ho 800 with a 151. Bought a 13 XM last spring and put 900 miles on it till it got ghost rode off a mountain in Seeley Lake. Rode the sled out but it was totaled. Once I had my insurance check in hand I bought another 13 XM 163.

Love the sled, handles great, pulls awesome, does not eat belts, sips gas and oil. Ride all day in deep heavy snow and your not tired.

While I was waiting on my insurance check I rode my old REV, OMG how did I ever ride that sled for a full day. Huge difference.

Downhill turnouts are a breeze.

If you get an XM you will hate it for the first half of the day as the balance points on the XM and REV are totally different. But once you get used to it you will never go back.

The biggest problem with them is if you ride in bottomless powder and ride with POO or CATS and you get stuck, you are on your own as they will not be able to make it up the hill to help you out (I have the pictures to prove it).

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Picked up a 13' holdover in November. Now have ~1020 miles on it, still on the first belt. I wouldn't say it "sips" gas but it usually burns just a tad more than my buddies Polaris IQ600. The gauge says I have a lifetime average of 8.4mpg. Oil use is low on trail, heavy off trail, but that's fine as long as she stays together. Super fun sled and all I've had to do is clean the clutches, gas & oil, ride.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
XM

I'm coming off a turbo Nytro, getting a snowchecked '15 Summit X with 163", no E start, will toss the suitcase and get a quiet aftermarket can. I'm looking for something with a little less weight and easier to throw around than the Nytro!! Sherm

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The biggest problem with them is if you ride in bottomless powder and ride with POO or CATS and you get stuck, you are on your own as they will not be able to make it up the hill to help you out (I have the pictures to prove it).
lol....

Statements like that make it easy to see who rides aggressively and who does not.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
I have a 2013 XM 800 Summit. Sled is awesome! Going on third winter with zero problems. Went with lower seat, Fox air shocks, C&A Pro BX skis and lower risers. Just keeps going and going, out of the box it is excellent. Made me a better rider.

Mike Duffy

Premium Features