• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 Phazer jetting with Aaen Pipe

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
I copied the below service bulletin from TY, on phazer jetting. I have a 97 phazer that's got all stock jetting with an Aaen pipe.. Im worried about the infamous lean midrange - especially when piped.. Has anyone tried these different nozzles and did it richen things up with the pipe? If this isn't the fix what is? Which configuration is recommended?

I bought the machine used last year with the pipe on it already.. I've been running AV/Prem mix or C12/Prem mix just to be safe..

Many thanks! Hopefully the pictures attach.

Service bulletin 1996 . Basically you can change the primary and main nozzles for a richer mixture. The primary nozzle part #80L-14489-00-00 has two .9mm holes as opposed to the stock nozzle's one 1.0mm hole.
There are at least 3 different main nozzles

Part #8Y2-14941-3A-00 is STD. has an OD of 6.5mm, ID of2.2mm and 12 0.7mm air bleed holes.

Part # 8Y2-14941-1A-00 has an OD of 5.5mm, ID of 2.2mm and 10 0.7mm air bleed holes.

Part # 8Y2-14941-2A-00 has an OD of 5.5mm, ID of 2.4mm and 10 0.8mm air bleed holes.

A smaller OD will richen the mixture at snap throttle and lean it at mid to WOT during steady throttle.
A larger ID will richen the mixture at mid to WOT conditions
Fewer and larger air bleed holes will richen the mixture at mid to WOT conditions.

You can use any combination of the listed nozzles for a wide range of mixtures, depending if you want to richen the mixture during snap or steady throttle conditions.

Full rich, at steady mid to WOT would be using the 80L primary and 2A main nozzle. Leanest would be STD primary and the 1A main nozzles.

For quick snap throttle conditions, richest would be 80L primary and 2A main nozzles. leanest would be STD primary and STD 3A main nozzles.

There is a chart that lists the calibration options from lean to rich in the service bulletin. Also the hole in the STD primary nozzle must face towards the air box.

Mtnviper

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,352
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Back in the day, lol, we did something else.

There is a "welch" plug on top of the butterfly carbs. Remove this (drill hole and use sheet metal screw to pull) and there are 2 or 3 little holes (can't remember sizes or #) that needed drilling a bit larger.
Clean and replace plug with a seal with epoxy.

This made the front mixture screw the way to control idle to midrange fueling. 141.3 to 145 mainjets for ported and piped Phazer.

I believe these were the instructions included with the Aaen and PSI pipe. Possibly a call to either may get you the original sheets.

I may have some stuff in my archives drawer if you have no success.

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
S
ervice bulletin 1996
Basically you can change the primary and main nozzles for a richer mixture.
The primary nozzle part #80L-14489-00-00 has two 0.9 mm holes as opposed to the stock nozzle's one 1.0 mm hole.
There are at least 3 different main nozzles

Part #8Y2-14941-3A-00 is STD. has an OD of 6.5mm, ID of2.2mm and 12 0.7mm air bleed holes.

Part # 8Y2-14941-1A-00 has an OD of 5.5mm, ID of 2.2mm and 10 0.7mm air bleed holes.

Part # 8Y2-14941-2A-00 has an OD of 5.5mm, ID of 2.4mm and 10 0.8mm air bleed holes.

A smaller OD will richen the mixture at snap throttle and lean it at mid to WOT during steady throttle.
A larger ID will richen the mixture at mid to WOT conditions
Fewer and larger air bleed holes will richen the mixture at mid to WOT conditions.

You can use any combination of the listed nozzles for a wide range of mixtures, depending if you want to richen the mixture during snap or steady throttle conditions.

Full rich, at steady mid to WOT would be using the 80L primary and 2A main nozzle. Leanest would be STD primary and the 1A main nozzles.

For quick snap throttle conditions, richest would be 80L primary and 2A main nozzles. leanest would be STD primary and STD 3A main nozzles.

There is a chart that lists the calibration options from lean to rich in the service bulletin. Also the hole in the STD primary nozzle must face towards the air box.
Can you make the chart clickable ?

Premium Features