• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone heard about the new 2014 yamaha's??

tt m1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2010
Tioga, ND
Just was hope some people had some tip on what yamaha might be coming out with...I hear that there might be a new mountain viper in a new chassis???

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Short tracks only. Possibility of a new cross over.
Mountain we will see........wait for it........BNG's!!!!!!!!!

-Words coming from the local dealers rep.

Last edited:
B

BAAssault

Dec 11, 2011
Fargo, ND
I've heard from some very good sources that Yamaha and Arctic Cat have been hanging out a lot if you know what i mean. Ive heard and talked to with a guy who lives in Island Park around there testing grounds that Arctic Cat will be making some chassis for Yamaha that could be up to 40+ pounds lighter then are Nytros now. If this is true sign me up for a 2014!

tt m1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2010
Tioga, ND
Thats what I heard too! I hope it's true I bleed blue, but I have been riding a boosted AC for boondocking

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yes we heard the same things last year that Yamaha and Arctic Cat were hanging out and we got a XTX and a 120 for young kids. This is the market for Yamaha and you can't over look that. This year we will get the same thing something for mid west family's that like to snowmobile on the vast trail systems of the mid-west who may venture off trail once in a while. Yamaha is a smart company and will throw the most R&D money to make improvments to the areas that they have the biggest market share. I think that they will slowly refine the front end geometry of the nytro and reduce some more weight in the coming years but I really dont see them coming out with a completely different sled to compete with Arctic cat, Ski doo, Polaris in the mountain segment. Just my opinion though.

PaddleTracker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I hear they are coming out with a sled that has the Nytro motor in a Nytro chassis. Word is that it will have the longest...warranty in the industry! Or maybe it is the longest wait in the industry, not sure.

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I sure hope the reveal isn't anytime soon. If it is the reveal will have to be of a boat. :sad: Winter is off to a dismal start.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lots of things happening with Yamaha, most of it not public.

Expect a new sled.
Expect it to be released as an XTX this year and an MTX the following year.

Sent from my Apple iPhone 5 using the TapaTalk app.

K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
I can honestly say for myself, it will be a big disappointment if they hold off on the mountain segment. I enjoyed purchasing and building the Yamaha product over the years but..... that's just it always having to build. It would be something if Yamaha would/could build a mountain sled that the people of the world could just throw a leg over and ride.. with the competition or exceed.

my 2 cents.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
I can honestly say for myself, it will be a big disappointment if they hold off on the mountain segment. I enjoyed purchasing and building the Yamaha product over the years but..... that's just it always having to build. It would be something if Yamaha would/could build a mountain sled that the people of the world could just throw a leg over and ride.. with the competition or exceed.

my 2 cents.

Yamaha should hire cr racing to make their new chassie :)Yamaha can only build engines

Premium Features