• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T3 174" Skinz Rasmussen Board Install Questions

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
I have a set of Rasmussen boards that I'm getting ready to install on my 15' 174". I mocked them up and the boards miss the rear suspension mount. I don't see a way, besides welding a tab on the boards, to get a couple rivets through. Giving the boards some more rigidity. The instructions show two rivets on the other models being able to be riveted into the boards. Of course the instructions don't actually show Rasmussen boards being installed, just the regular air frames. Any suggestions from folks that have installed these boards? TIA.
uploadfromtaptalk1448503795176.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448503963170.jpg

Of course I don't know what to do at the front by the for wells either.
uploadfromtaptalk1448504123906.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
When I did mine, I was only able to use one hole in the suspension mount riveting into the board. I can take a few close ups tomorrow, until I actually cut the boards off, it was hard to tell just exactly how they would line up.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
21e52fce98925eb193c8ec9972af16aa.jpg

Mine is a 163, so my not be exactly the same as 174, but the stock running boards mount the same, so should line up same

Last edited:

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but isn't the 174" rear mount further back on the tunnel? That's why I was emailing Paul and Skinz, since there was no way I could see in the rough mock up to get a rivet in it. Guess I could just figure it out by cruising the inter web.

That's a nice looking sled BTW.

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
So I went over to a friend's 15' T3 163" and measured from the front mounting bolt up the running board to the center of the second suspension mount and come up with 29". My suspension mount measured the same way is roughly 31.5". Two and a half inches further back in the tunnel. That's my issue with the Rasmussen boards. Fits everything but a 174" unless you don't care about tyeing it into the rear suspension mount, then it's just fine.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
There are so many rivots holding the airframe on I honestly don't think it matters. I took a thin piece of aluminum and rivoted to the suspension bracket then hammered it to the curve of the airframe and added two rivots. You're over thinking it. I have never had a set of airframes mount the same way... And only one mount the way the instructions show and that's because Tony Jenkins installed them. That being said I have never had problems with the air frames being sturdy or staying put.

never_summer_ind

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Parkman, Wy
Appreciate it. I guess I'm just being @n@l. I want a clean finished look that'll last longer than the sled will run. I only needed 2 1/2" more!!! Ha ha.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
So I went over to a friend's 15' T3 163" and measured from the front mounting bolt up the running board to the center of the second suspension mount and come up with 29". My suspension mount measured the same way is roughly 31.5". Two and a half inches further back in the tunnel. That's my issue with the Rasmussen boards. Fits everything but a 174" unless you don't care about tyeing it into the rear suspension mount, then it's just fine.

That's weird. I wonder if skinz makes a specific 174 Rasmussen air frame? Check the rear mount on this pic I found.
4f66af8ae46aa195e78a6aaec933b0ec.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Bret just mounted the air frame back so it lined up. You can do it either way. I pushed mine all the way up so that I could cut the stock boards off right where they flatten out.

Premium Features