• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

300 xc question

C
Jul 21, 2010
Hello all. I am mounting a timbersled kit to a 2008 KTM 300 XC-w. I am making my own fit kit. Have access to machine shop. My question is does anyone know the length of the strut rod? Is it just the length of the shock? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If you want to save yourself some time and guess work, I got 2 guys who upgraded to TSS kits and will sell their old fit kits for $125. thats hard to argue with for what your going to be into that with material and time.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have a ktm 300 kit fit for sale for a 15 that would probably work. Also have jush the swing arm bushings off of a 2009 ktm 450sx that you could start with. Let me know if your interested

C
Jul 21, 2010
If you want to save yourself some time and guess work, I got 2 guys who upgraded to TSS kits and will sell their old fit kits for $125. thats hard to argue with for what your going to be into that with material and time.

I'm guessing you're talking $125 for just the strut correct? If it's for the entire fit kit, ski spindle hardware included let me know. Thanks.

C
Jul 21, 2010
use threaded rod and heim so you can make it adjustable. nice for fine tuning

I've got a couple ideas along these lines in mind. It would be nice to have an adjustable one to be able to fine tune. If nothing else, just for curiosity to see how changes affect handling.

Premium Features