• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Dragon runs rough??

Hey guys i just bought an 09 dragon 800 with the 155 from a buddy. This is my first EFI sled and im not sure really what is normal as far as running wise. It has the updated kit done to it and roughly 1000 miles....maybe 150 on the updates. Here is what im seeing, runs great at WOT, power is instant. While driving at a constant speed the engine kind of spudders a little. Is this normal for these sleds? The second you get back into it.....she runs great and sounds normal. I think it may be the nature of the beast but im unsure i guess. Im leaving for Colorado in a week so id like to have it reliable. Thanks in advance!

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Sounds like the all too common mid range bog. I would check to see what "flash" meaning what map it has. I would also check the exhaust valves, make sure they are clean. Next, I would get a power commander 5 and it should run much better! I have the same sled, with the original Jan. flash after the updated. Had the mid death bog, added PCV with Dynotech Jims 159 map and it rips!

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
see what reflash it has, I had to get mine reflashed after having the update done last november. it ran like crap but runs hard now. may also have air leaks. the other thing is until the pipe is hot it does have a bog.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Have a very slightly used power commander v for $250.00. Retails for about $360 plus tax. pm me if interested. Has stock map from Dynotech installed

Premium Features