• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid frame????

I bought a skid off a 2006 M7 and it had a 153x2 3.0 pitch track. I was thinking of buying rail extentions to extend it to a 162x2 and run a 2.52 pitch track. Would this work on the skid? I know the drive shaft sprockets will have to match the track but are skids made different for pitch size? The whole reason is to get tunnel clearance with out doing a drop and roll. The machine this is going on to is a 1999 thundercat 1000.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
why not get a set of 162 rails, i have an 09 162 skid on its way to me right now, i could sell you the rails off that....and no the skids aren't made for a perticular pitch size....if you need i also have a 162 challenger 2.52 pitch

those are my intentions once i get more cash or sell every thing i just bought to extend it to a 153 and go with the 162 in 2.52 pitch. also those track extensions that go from 153 to 162 are they worth it or do they break if you do alot of ramping?

i got off the phone with a snowmobile mechanic and asked him how hard it was to put a 2006 M7 153 skid onto a 99 thundercat 1000 and he said it was impossible. but iv talked with a bunch of good people on here and they said its possible. iv heard of people putting them on to the mountain cats but i havnt seen any thing older. so has any one done some thing like this before?

Premium Features