• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mt Adams

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
I doubt it... been nothing but rain below 3k for the last week plus. If you can get above there you should be able to ride trails till you get to the mtn. lots of stumps still though i bet.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Mt Adams above 6000 feet, still has more snow than any snowmobiler needs to have a great time, especially considering the competition. Up to 8 feet of snow with the top 12" to 24" of powder in the valleys. No stumps showing. Thin below 5000 on the south side and thin below 5500 on the west side. So you will be driving to beyond the no-sno parks, before unloading. Drifting to 3 feet deep. Use small trailers because you may not be able to find a place to turn around a large trailer.

Last edited:
K

kell8071

Feb 4, 2013
Vashon, WA
Any recommendations on FS roads to get to the previously mentioned snow?

I'm tempted to head up next weekend. Maybe even swing by taklahk lake to see how everything is looking for the spring time trail clearing.

Thanks,
Kell

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Takhlakh lake is at 4400 feet and well below the snow level.

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Bring your hiking shoes to Takalak, maybe a dusting. There's a couple feet at about 4-4500' near Orr.

K

kell8071

Feb 4, 2013
Vashon, WA
Yeah, i was thinking exploring takhlakh to see how long till I can get out on the dirtbike trails to start clearing.

Sounds like maybe not quite time to throw in the towel. Thanks for the info!

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
did anyone go up this weekend?

I want to go up tomorrow Monday. Does anyone have beta on conditions? i.e. how much dirt riding to get to snow?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I want to go up tomorrow Monday. Does anyone have beta on conditions? i.e. how much dirt riding to get to snow?

I unloaded on the snow, on Saturday March 7. Of course, I went South Climb Road. I counted 4 cars that traversed the continuous snow to arrive at the highest campground. Don't stop at the first stretch of snow since there is a good dry patch after that. The unloading elevation is about 5450 ft. at the start of the continuous snow, or about 0.30 mile below the highest campground. Morrison Creek Campground is your last facilities with outhouse, and is free of snow. You would be unloading well above Morrison Creek Campground. There is more than enough firm snow remaining for snowmobiling.

Last edited:
K
Feb 23, 2014
Adams

If anyone wants to go to adams tomorrow let me know, I went yesterday and it was pretty epic, just a little windy. 503-710-1248 josh

Premium Features