• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best track?

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
I am thinking of throwing a new track on my Sled this year. What is the best track for the snow we get here in wyoming? Deep powder snow? It is going on a new pro-rmk with boondocker turbo.:face-icon-small-coo

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I've been thoroughly impressed with the Powerclaw 162" my M8 came with.

Especially in the light fluffy powder ;)

If I was running a Polaris right now it would have or be getting that track.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Many people like the Camo Extreme.

What is your snow like in WY? Light and fluffy? A little heavier? If it were pure fluff, the stock track is tough to beat. When it gets heavier the stock Polaris 5.1 flexes a little too much.

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
wyoming snow

The snow here is very dry usually because it is very cold here. I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to replace the track since it sounds like the 5.1 is excellent in powder. I rode the power claw last year and it seemed pretty awesome. I think I will have to do a drop and roll if i want the ce 2.5.
I am not sure that it is worth the work. Has anyone used the polaris series iv track? I have heard good things about this track.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I would do a little experimenting before spending a bunch of money on a new track and/or a drop and roll. Try the stock 5.1 to see if you like it. If you want to firm it up, try F-Bombs track mod that cuts the little nubs off and then adds thin trim screws into the paddles (see the Polaris IQ sub forum for details). Almost everyone who tried his mod has really liked it.

Save your money for important mods, like a muffpot. Rider horsepower is just as important in the backcountry. :face-icon-small-ton

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Do a search on this, particularly in the Polaris section. There are some great conversations on tracks and pitch changes to help with clearence. Just picking one track won't help you, the other info is great.

Premium Features