• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
B
Sep 14, 2011
hi.

My name is Alex and i'm 24 years old and i'm current living in sweden. I am SOOOO tired of the swedish conditions and i'm thinking of moving to canada for a year and i need your help to do this right and i got a million questions.

So i would be real happy if you could help out a snowmobile loving brother from another country :) ( haha)

> So where should i go if i want the best riding (Deep powder)?

>What type of job could a turist like me get? Do i got the biggest chance on some skiresort ?

> What month should i aim for to get started so i don't miss out on any riding?

> Rent or by a sled?

I will figure out some more questions but we can start with these and if there are something you think is important to know so are you more then wellcome to tell me !

Best Regards
Alex

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Aussies and kiwis have little issue working in Canada. If your country participates in that exchange it will be easy. If not there is a work program for people under 30 that allows you to go there and work for a bit. Yes ski areas are a good bet. Pemberton and revelstoke would probably be my top two choices. Both can be spendy don't expect your ski resort job to pay for your snowmobile habit. Feb through march is when I would go or even wait till middle of feb and catch some of April. Buy- sled renting would not work for a real season of riding..

B
Sep 14, 2011
okay, how long is the season? i forgot to say but i'm going for the next season so i should probably be in canada before dec to not miss out any powder!!?

Sweden and Canada seems to have some visa choices so it would not be a problem to get a visa. On a visa i can work and travel in canada for a year!

I guess everyone up there is snowmobiling or skiing? So it would not be to hard to find people to go ride with? Or maybe someone on this forum could help me and maybe guide me?

How does is work with the riding areas? Can i book a guide one day and ride at the same place the day after with friends? Is there anywhere i can read about the rules and other stuff so i know what's applying?

What do you guys think about tourist and backpackers in general ?

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
BC is where you want to go them. Ski area's pay very little and you'd miss the best riding because youd be stuck at work and can't afford to miss work UNLESS you know how to drive a cat and could groom at night, then you'd make better pay and have days off to ride. You would have to buy a sled or have yours shipped.

spark'd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2011
surrey bc
B.c is awsome my season goes from beginning of oct to the end of April as for place to live and work depends on what you do for work now.

B
Sep 14, 2011
ok, Well i'm currently working as a spraypainter/sandblaster but i could work with whatever i can find as long as i got a job. Are the most of you working in the city and drives out to the mountainz or are you living in the village near the mountain?

I guess everyone up there are riding or skiing so it would be easy to find people to ride with as long as i'm not a jerk? What are your thoughts about backpackers? is there a lot of them in Canada?

Premium Features