• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for info 2013 300ec Gas Gas

B-Ridge Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Michigan
Looking at getting back into bikes mainly for a TS. Would trail ride on dirt few weekends a year. Mainly michigan with one trip out west a year for snow. I really want to stick with 2 stroke but don't want to pay big money for new 300. I know there is no fit kit as of know for gas gas but read beta was going to be available soon didn't know about gas gas. I guess I'm curious if 2013 gas gas 300ec is a good bike and if I could make a snobike out of it. Or should I just get a used 450 mx bike. Not 100% on the whole snobike thing but super interested. If I like it I will probably sell my 14m8000 and buy new bike and kit next year. Looking for thoughts. Thanks.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The 300's are cool but if your just looking to get into it and try it I would say a cheap MX 450 would be the best option. Easy to try and if you like it and want to turn around, sell the bike and get a new one the market is a little more stable for vs a little more rare bike like the gas gas.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
If I remember correctly, Randy said that GasGas was a harder build than the 300's by a good bit, but can definitely be made to rip. If you already have the GasGas go ahead I'd say, otherwise listen to Nick and pick up a used 450 MX. They are easy to resell and easy to buy. You won't lose much money unless you pop the motor.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Rush I have to disagree. I have built both and the gas gas is heavier but feels a lot lighter on the snow. Randy put the smart carb on my gas gas and after fighting carb ice and getting the gearing right it was as easy as my ktm Xc to build. After chasing piston over temps on my 300 Xc last year because of the smarty I now run the Lectron and it has more power and overev than with the smarty. I am going to install a lectron on my gas gas again as I think the lean condition caused by the smarty held it back. Nice thing about the gas gas is there isn't a bunch of aftermarket goodies to spend (waste) your money on, other than a softer seat. Call timbersled as they have a fitkit for the gas gas, just make sure you put avid products carb heat on it, and ir you can afford it a lectron 38 with a 3-3 flat needle realy helps.

Premium Features