• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Legend zx2sr oil (incredible!!!) best info i ever learned! Watch

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Do you seriously have to bleed the oil system? That would be a huge turn off for me, i have no idea how to do that and don't want to do that.

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Do you seriously have to bleed the oil system? That would be a huge turn off for me, i have no idea how to do that and don't want to do that.

No you do not have to bleed the system, If you have oil left in the oil tank just remove it with a fluid pump or turkey baster. Do not remove all the oil to avoid getting air into the oil line and pump. Legend oil will mix with both synthetics and mineral basted oils.

Jason

A

akjimmyb

Sep 29, 2008
Alaska
I went to buy a case on sledguys and it was $145 per case and $118 shipping to Alaska. Can anyone tell me if there is a dealer in Alaska? Legends web site doesn't show any and only 2 in the entire west. Can any one out there beat the shipping. I cant pay $65 a gallon that it would come too along with $3.50 + a gallon for fuel here in Alaska. I would like to try it.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Try emailing Emilie Moreshead at the link below. She is now a Legend dealer and she lives Close to Spokane WA. Maybe she can give you a better shipping quote. Pretty cool gal as she has been featured in some fo the "Sled Heads" movies. Anywho.......worth a shot........

Dave

Skadi@emiliemoreshead.com

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
More info (legend zx2sr) from owner

Chris,

Here is the Global Overlay chart which the oil manufactures like ourselves are subject to. Note the Lubricity section below and you will notice there is no difference in protection between a JASO FB(ZX-2R FB+), JASO FC (ZX-2SR FC+) or JASO FD. The only real difference is in the Oil Smoke test which is where the test oil is compared to a candidate oil at a 5:1 mix ratio. This is an accelerated test at super high oil to fuel ratios to validate the test oils potential for smoke output and has nothing to do with real world operation of a two-stroke engine in any application.

Bottom line is you get no better protection with the higher rated JASO oils as proven by this chart, just less smoke and more expense. Being that our oils are "100% Smokeless" post warm-up, the test criteria is meaningless and does not account for "real world" operation, even though we have to play the game when rating our oil.

Consider the fact our Legend ZX-SERIES EXTREME MOTORSPORTS LUBRICANTS do not fall into the synthetic-blend or synthetic chemistry categories. Then compare our oils ability to protect in the most extreme operating conditions, lack of deposits, C.B.T. (Clean Burn TechnologyTM), absence of smoke and great smell.

Where our competition left off with their research is where we began! Every other oil is nothing but compromise...

5 World Speed Records with ZX-2R/SR and still counting!!

You have my permission to use the chart below for any thread you start.

Best Regards,

Mark Zaic
President

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
Legend zx2sr (more info from owner)

Chris,

Here is the Global Overlay chart which the oil manufactures like ourselves are subject to. Note the Lubricity section below and you will notice there is no difference in protection between a JASO FB(ZX-2R FB+), JASO FC (ZX-2SR FC+) or JASO FD. The only real difference is in the Oil Smoke test which is where the test oil is compared to a candidate oil at a 5:1 mix ratio. This is an accelerated test at super high oil to fuel ratios to validate the test oils potential for smoke output and has nothing to do with real world operation of a two-stroke engine in any application.

Bottom line is you get no better protection with the higher rated JASO oils as proven by this chart, just less smoke and more expense. Being that our oils are "100% Smokeless" post warm-up, the test criteria is meaningless and does not account for "real world" operation, even though we have to play the game when rating our oil.

Consider the fact our Legend ZX-SERIES EXTREME MOTORSPORTS LUBRICANTS do not fall into the synthetic-blend or synthetic chemistry categories. Then compare our oils ability to protect in the most extreme operating conditions, lack of deposits, C.B.T. (Clean Burn TechnologyTM), absence of smoke and great smell.

Where our competition left off with their research is where we began! Every other oil is nothing but compromise...

5 World Speed Records with ZX-2R/SR and still counting!!

You have my permission to use the chart below for any thread you start.

Best Regards,

Mark Zaic
President

I
Nov 26, 2007
it doesnt smoke post warmup. NO SMOKE AT ALL, 0%. NONE, ZERO. THE reason this matters is because the oil is 100% combusting like it should.

I premix full syn torco 32:1...mine doesn't smoke post warm up either despite being drastically over oiled at low RPM....so I don't see the relevance.

Got a video of this oil being poured at -40F? I bet it loses a race to full synthetic ;)

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
Do you ship to Sweden?

:) Hello,

Just want to say hello and let everyone know that you can buy online Legend Oil ZX2-R and ZX2-SR http://www.snowmobileguys.com/snowshop/index.php Fully instock and will ship across North America.....

Just an FYI if you order 2 cases one for you and a friend its half the shipping cost.

The Store will calculate shipping for you to any Address.

http://www.sledstore.net

All the specs and information are online for you to look at and read.

Regards,
Travis

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Try emailing Emilie Moreshead at the link below. She is now a Legend dealer and she lives Close to Spokane WA. Maybe she can give you a better shipping quote. Pretty cool gal as she has been featured in some fo the "Sled Heads" movies. Anywho.......worth a shot........

Dave

Skadi@emiliemoreshead.com

Hey thanks! You must be the guy i spoke to on the phone the other day (and then called back in a head cold induced comma! hahahhaha)

If anyone in the area is interested in running it I can most definitely get you some. I'm placing another order on Monday so if you want a bulk order you will have to get in before then, otherwise I can't PROMISE I will have enough in stock for you. I'm pretty small and just starting out but I'm really going out on a limb to keep enough in stock for all you kids who might need it last minute!

Dave, I owe you some information if i remember correctly! Glad I found you on here to remind me; I was rather out of if the other day!

Last edited:
J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I started using legend this season and I could not be happier. It burns clean and smells good. On the trail to mountains everyone behind me wants to know what oil I am running.

Jason

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
So is there any updates from the guys that ran it last season? Are you still running it? Did you notice any problems or benefits from running it?

Premium Features