• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BMP 800 big bore

Jan 28, 2008
White SD
hey guys i just purchased a 2005 m7 with a bmp 800 bb. the sled runs awesome at home (1400ft) is there anyway that i can determine if it is going to run well at 6000-10000 before i get out there?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
they dont work good past about 5k feet! There are a few of em around here that I ride with and they all run like crap!

B
Apr 30, 2008
Prince George BC
I had a 06 M7 with BMP big bore Kit and twin D+D pipes , on some days it would pull every thing on the hill . On other days it didn't matter what I tryed it wouldn't pull the scum off rice pudding. I pulled my hair out trying to make it work right then I sold it to a buddy . He removed the fuel injestion and went 40 mm carbs now ti is all ways a kick *** sled . Cat can't seem to get the mapping to work constant on the M7 . I have a buddy that has the same problem with a stock M7 and the dealers say there is nothing they can do to fix it.

O
Feb 23, 2008
Hugo MN
I had a 06 M7 with BMP big bore Kit and twin D+D pipes , on some days it would pull every thing on the hill . On other days it didn't matter what I tryed it wouldn't pull the scum off rice pudding. I pulled my hair out trying to make it work right then I sold it to a buddy . He removed the fuel injestion and went 40 mm carbs now ti is all ways a kick *** sled . Cat can't seem to get the mapping to work constant on the M7 . I have a buddy that has the same problem with a stock M7 and the dealers say there is nothing they can do to fix it.
X2 here, some days it was the best thing on the hill some days it would hardly run off the trailer. never could get it figured out so i sold it this past summer! only time it was consistant was around my house (1000 ft)

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
My older BMP with Wiseco forged pistons ran fine at elevation, but you'll probably need to tune it. The Altitude compensation works for 3000' elev. ranges when running a box. What domes do you have in it? low or high comp? I run F-35's at 10K. What weight in the primary? What springs? Boondocker box? and what #'s you running?

The new BMP cast piston kit/high comp with jaw twins has been a PITA, but i'm working on it. It has a trouble spot transitioning from 6700 to 7800. It will only transition well and not load up when you lean out the top-end to the point that it's way too lean. Had my box reprogrammed and now has a 7250 range and some transition adjustments that should help dial that in.

Jan 28, 2008
White SD
i just bought the sled this year the owner said that he installed the kit last december so maybe AC pistons? the only other mods besides the big bore is a bmp can and bdx intake. the numbers in my boondocker box r from bikeman i was was told.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
It isn't the easiest thing if you have never done it before, but if your mechanically inclined, you shouldn't have any problem.

T
Jan 10, 2008
cedar,mn.
X2 here, some days it was the best thing on the hill some days it would hardly run off the trailer. never could get it figured out so i sold it this past summer! only time it was consistant was around my house (1000 ft)

X3 here somedays it was pulling your arms off and other days you where being pulled back with piston on your plugs. pm Shain he has a fix.

Jan 28, 2008
White SD
well i have not tested in out west yet but i just want a reliable sled and doesn`t need tinkering all the time. and maybe i shouldn`t have bought this sled with the bb kit but i am crossing my fingers!

Premium Features