• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Turbo build for summer 2011!

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Hey guys

Just wanted to check in and see what the turbo guys think. I want more so i decieded to do either a TM2 or a TM3 crank and a Attitude industries turbo kit. My sled runs great like it is with a stock crank, im just dreaming of what it will run like with a turbo. My main concerns are the price of running 110 fuel. How are you guys making out fuel wise with a turbo? I have plenty of goodies on the sled already and i will be doing avid drivers as well before the turbo. I have no fear that this sled will rip day in and day out. Bring on the comments, i want to hear what you all have to say!!

Grant

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
milled head + pump fuel = more boost then your gonna need with the 166, they just dont ever stop.

talk to jskattum606 on here, i ride with his homebrew t-9 all the time and its a wild hotrod. one of the coolest sleds ever and it just tractors along thgouth almost anything.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Home built t9 100% 100ll @ 12 PSI WITH 10.5:1 DOMES A/F @ 12.5 all day long .
Have Never had a melt down ! or any issue for that matter.
I do us a TM2 for a crank as well.
Blow off valve is a must!
Use stock pipe ! The slp ones crack because they can not take the pressure!
ect....ect.......

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222747

Sweet!!! That makes me feel good about this build. How much $$ into the turbo set-up? Maybe i should just build my own??

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Aerocharger or regular turbo?? I know a turbo needs to be oiled so you need a res. a pump and lines where a aero has no need for that stuff.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Aerocharger or regular turbo?? I know a turbo needs to be oiled so you need a res. a pump and lines where a aero has no need for that stuff.

I have stopped counting how much i spent on this thing lol!! I know I can not get rid of it now !!

Garret 3071 turbo . I bought the components from Derek @ attitude and built the rest .. Warning ! Once you have boosted sled you will NEVER be able to go backLOL!!!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
One of my friends builds custom exhaust headers, I bet he could build those pipes for that no problem. Might have to haul my sled over there and have him make a couple sets of Turbo piping once they get their new shop up and running.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Think i might just use attitudes set-up but we'll see, building yourself gives it something special. I did however find out two local areas sell 100ll av gas so im excited about that.

Dmj1 where did you get your domes to run the av fuel?

M
Dec 5, 2007
Chehalis, WA
I am running aerocharger on my 975 and love it. Works great, 10 lb 50/50 92 & 110. I am in the middle of a re-vamp of the sled. I will be posting some pics in a few days. I am replumbing the turbo with a intercooler so I have my old plumbing available. Will be posting pics of the stuff I have available.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I am running aerocharger on my 975 and love it. Works great, 10 lb 50/50 92 & 110. I am in the middle of a re-vamp of the sled. I will be posting some pics in a few days. I am replumbing the turbo with a intercooler so I have my old plumbing available. Will be posting pics of the stuff I have available.

Sweet i'd love to see the old set-up. Im very interested in the plumbing, why an intercooler?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I too would like more info on the aero set up. really thinking of building my own kit also.

are you using a 66? what special things did you have to do on the 975? i have the htg 975 kit.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007

Take some pics before and after you add the intercooler. How much do you want for the old tubing?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Sweet i'd love to see the old set-up. Im very interested in the plumbing, why an intercooler?

Intercooler lets you run more boost without detonation. It also gives you a cooler/denser intake charge so you can make more power.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I've seen a few kits that have them. Turbo Boyz was selling them but it looks like they took them off the website.

Premium Features