• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a RK-Tek big bore on a 800R?

W
Nov 26, 2007
no but I will tell you what I do know

I know a ton of people, 10+, who hae use or are using RKTs mods, and every single one has burned down. But they still use his stuff so what do I know....

M

masneri

Feb 10, 2008
anchorage
I want to do an rkt 827 on my 06 800 ptek. Anyone have any problems with the kit on this engine? Also how much tweaking do you have to do from ride to ride?

B
Dec 2, 2007
sorry to say allrevsrule , but fredw's bb is from split second
performance in valleyview. talk to ralph he is the quite guy
making hp instead of talking about it. 780-524-4330

D
Mar 3, 2008
Check Specialty Sleds http://www.specialtysleds.com/classified/type.asp?iType=27
885 big bore cheap cheap! Fredw has one swears by it !
Fredw has a split second as well at least thats what his posts say.I have the drop in kit in my 800r and am happy with it ,it has more power than stock,and runs very consistantly.My experiance with Rkt is have a little patiance and you will be happy,I had a few problems at first but Kelsey made it up to me,It isn't exactly a 8-5 type busness he does alot of riding/testing so if your instaling your kit and have a question it's likely you won't be able to just pick up the phone and have a answer that day, you may have to leave a message and he will get back to you ,this is were the patiance comes in handy,if this works for you you'll be very happy with his kit.I don't think I would recomened going with a mod like this unless you have a basic knowledge of 2 stroke engines,you can also send him your whole engine and have him build it and I'm sure you would have very sore arms and a big smile with any of his kits installed properly,with patiance he will work with you till your happy,I think he really knows his zhit and stands behind it.

Last edited:
C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
split second rocks

Freds is from split second and so is that one for sale. Anything from Ralph at SS will rock. I heard there were some issues with them at first but they are dialed now. I ran a SS based bigbore for the last 3.5 seasons without one issue.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Helena,MT
What about the SLP Performance Edition on this motor? They say 172 horsepower with y-pipe, can, power dome billet heads, high flow intake, and reeds. All of this for $841.00 plus the reeds. Anyone run this set up?

Thanks,
Kory

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I know a ton of people, 10+, who hae use or are using RKTs mods, and every single one has burned down. But they still use his stuff so what do I know....

Same thing around here. Lot's of RKT problem's. I personaly would look elsewhere. It's funny how people keep going back for more.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Leave it stock and take your money and put it towards better suspension, tracks, etc. If you're only riding the mtns. 2-3 times a year, this is not going to give you the time needed to properly set-up and tune a bigbore or turbo. These bigbores are not tow and go. As for the SLP kit, it helps and would be the most that I'd do in your case, but the horsepower rating is a little high imo. If anybody was to get my money in the states, it would only be Bigjohn!

It hasn't been a very good year for RKT. A good businessman should be taking and returning customers phone calls rather than arguing with competitors on dootalk. But that's just my opinion.

D
Mar 3, 2008
What about the SLP Performance Edition on this motor? They say 172 horsepower with y-pipe, can, power dome billet heads, high flow intake, and reeds. All of this for $841.00 plus the reeds. Anyone run this set up?

Thanks,
Kory
My friend did the slp kit and it seemed to help,but you'll need a skimmer to pack your extra fuel.there jetting recomendation is like one up on the needle and 540s or something ,last time we rode he brought 2 ,5 gallon cans I brought just my 2.5 with my rkt. and he ran out about 10 miles from the truck

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Rode with buddy's RK Tek 860 all winter at home and the hills. Never seen his hood open for more than a few minutes and pulls quite a bit better than the stockers. Still not enough power increase for the kerplinkies in my mind

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Trygstad has been building motor for Team Skidoo and RMSHA racers for a long long time. With out question theres a reason why so many racers rely on Trygstad for there skidoo motor work

My Trygstad 800R runs flawless.

OT

Premium Features