• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has fox floats on Pro Rmk??

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello guys, I have been tryin to find some info on changing my sled to fox shocks, like the fox float 2 seems a bit more in my price range I see some set of fox float evols on ebay for pretty descent prices and some are listed to be Arctic Cat shock from 17in ctc to 17.5 ctc

Would these shocks work on my sled? one thing to keep in mind is my sled has Zbros 36inch front end, do I need a shorter shock now, I know the Walker evans shocks on my sled were sent in and revalved with dual rate spring for the 36 front end. would I have to do the same with another set of fox shocks? I'm not sure if the 36inch front end required a shorter shock or if the arms have relocate built in.

Would the Arctic cat float shocks work like the bolts size is the same and interchange like that would ya know? and does the shock need new internal parts for the difference from an M series Cat to a Pro Rmk?

One more thing, I really like the Evol shocks but would the floats 2 be good enough also?

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks, Wildcard

J
Oct 8, 2010
Carls had Evols on sale the last time I checked. You may need a different sized reducer bushing to fit the lower bolt size if you have a pro. If you go that way I have an extra set of the reducers from Fox. PM me if interested.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
thanks for the reply, Ill check into that have a couple things from Carls I need to check out been lookin at his front tunnel reinforcement plates,

Do you have Fox shocks are your sled? do you like them. I called what I believe was Fox shockx and they said they didn't offer shocks in the 11-12 Pro but had them for the 13 and newer since they are shorter, he didn't make sence I have seen pic of other sleds with them on.

I see Burandt offers a front ,rear or complete package of fox but $$$

Thanks, Wildcard

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
I have the Burandt Float 3 Evols front and rear on my 13 800 LE 155". Prior to that I had revalved stockers.

Set the Floats to the suggested specs, and they were a HUGE improvement over the revalved stock WE's. Found the shocks on sale for roughly half off and couldnt be happier.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
I had the float 3s with the evol chamber. Not the Rs. Most people do not need all the valving adjustment. But the 3s with the evol chamber are much better than the float 2s. I would not use the float 2s over a spring shock. It can take a bit to get the pressures set, but once you do the 3s are quite good!:face-icon-small-coo

13 Pro.jpg IMG_0800.jpg

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Thanks for the Reply, I see your just across the River from me, I work in Lewiston and got this sled from SPS. That's a sweet lookin Axy`s, have you rode along time ? and how long have you been on a Pro or Axy`s , have you always rode Polaris?

I do like the float 3`s with the evol chamber been tryin to find a set man they are spendy, but pretty sure I`ll have a set on for next season This is my first Pro and have never rode one before can`t wait to see how much difference it will be over my modded Rev with the 37inch AI frontend and 13 Tmotion in the rear those did make a Big difference in the sled cant wait to see what happens

Darren

Last edited:

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Thanks for the Reply, I see your just across the River from me, I work in Lewiston and got this sled from SPS. That's a sweet lookin Axy`s, have you rode along time ? and how long have you been on a Pro or Axy`s , have you always rode Polaris?

I do like the float 3`s with the evol chamber been tryin to find a set man they are spendy, but pretty sure I`ll have a set on for next season This is my first Pro and have never rode one before can`t wait to see how much difference it will be over my modded Rev with the 37inch AI frontend and 13 Tmotion in the rear those did make a Big difference in the sled cant wait to see what happens

Darren

Hey Darren, Got the snow bug in 2011. So not a long time. Yes always liked Polaris, although they all are pretty good. (Yamaha, Cat and Ski Doo) The black sled is a 13 PRO 800. I switched to an Axys 800 last year. I remember SPS having that sled for sale. Get the clutching and suspension set up and it will work great:face-icon-small-coo

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
When I was scrolling thru here I seen the black sled and for some reason first glance the gray side decal kinda looked like the side of an axys so that's why I thought is was an axys, Now I see it is actually a pro, my bad Lol. sweet lookin Pro they look really sweet in black.

Kinzer told me he already has his clutching in this sled, so should work out great, I have added a Guage Panel Lifter/ Vent, Koso dual window EGT I had for the rev couple years ago never installed it on the Doo cause needed new Sensors but bought them finaly and put that on this sled, I added Better Boards rear tunnel Brace between the stock rear bumper and drop bracket, WRP side panel strap kit that removes the top 2 quarter turn fasteners on each side panel, really cool change don't like the quarter turns. also installed the SLP block off plate to cover the hig holes factory left in the plastics inside under the pipe and ahead of the bulkhead heard snow gets packed in there I can see why. still gonna put the tunnel brace kit up front, my bosses Pro was badly bent there and SPS totaled the sled after inspection, I took it home and with my metal fab skills I stripped the sled down ,we ordered the VEI big front tunnel braces and I slapped out the BAD!! creases and bends in the tunnel with body hammer/dollies and slap spoons and ya cant see even where it was bent before I installed the braces. so gonnal put the preventive ones on my sled, don`t need the full LH brace unless the sled is already bent.

Darren

Last edited:

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
That sounds like a great setup Darren! Just add snow! The front braces are a must. The black sled had it and I have it on the other three we have. Have not bent anything on the Axys.... yet:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features