• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Belt Drive

S

Steve86

Nov 28, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
New owner of a 14' Had a 12 but with chaincase. Question Do we need to carry A SPARE belt for the belt drive and can we change that in the field if we do? Thanks for any help.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
New owner of a 14' Had a 12 but with chaincase. Question Do we need to carry A SPARE belt for the belt drive and can we change that in the field if we do? Thanks for any help.

Lots of guys don't but I do for the piece of mind knowing that if it blows I have my spare.
It's 5 min job with the install tools if you no have electric start.

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
Lots of guys don't but I do for the piece of mind knowing that if it blows I have my spare.
It's 5 min job with the install tools if you no have electric start.

Agree with that. ^^I didn't want my weekend ruined cause no belt. Sometimes I left it in the truck, depending on where we were riding. Even if there was and extra belt or two in your group would be ok. Also you can't just stuff it in a compartment, it has to be stored nicely, which takes up valuable space that is limited to start with.

S

Steve86

Nov 28, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
OK, thanks guys. Looks like need to keep a wrench for the top pulley to come off then pull off pulley with the belt...or both pulleys come off or none of the above??

....on another note I have always took an air saw to the swaybar in all my other sleds to give true IFS and made them sidehill easier. I know these are easy anyway to sidehill is this something I should leave alone on these sleds?

Thanks again.

S

Steve86

Nov 28, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
Ok thanks also I found the tools that you need for installing the belt in the field at Happy Face 54 bucks?? I guess its a must or just makes it a lot easier?? Also 224 bucks is the cheapest I have found for these belts on Ebay. Anyone else found a better source? Seems pretty steep for a small piece of rubber. Kind of like tires these days they went from 100 bucks a piece to 300-400 a piece in a matter of 6-7 years. WOW, this printing money is not working.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Ok thanks also I found the tools that you need for installing the belt in the field at Happy Face 54 bucks?? I guess its a must or just makes it a lot easier?? Also 224 bucks is the cheapest I have found for these belts on Ebay. Anyone else found a better source? Seems pretty steep for a small piece of rubber. Kind of like tires these days they went from 100 bucks a piece to 300-400 a piece in a matter of 6-7 years. WOW, this printing money is not working.

We make them too: http://www.zollingerracingproducts.com/shop-our-store/ibpfnf9cp6p71y79isbwo47ydklrm0

What I do is carry the tools and a spare belt. My spare is an old used belt, just keep it in my tunnel bag. These belts last a long time when setup right! Replace the pully bolts with 10.9 grade bolts and get a belt deflection guide from Fire n Ice and they'll last for many many miles

Last edited:

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
You don't need the tools to replace the belt but when it's 0 deg F, wind blowing like a mofo, and you're standing in 4' of fresh you will probably want them LOL :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features