• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector relocate

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Dang Tony...hopefully for your bank account, you don't get injured anymore...

We blew all our cash on Maui...Just got back from 10 days in the sun and bikinis...Damn!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Dang Tony...hopefully for your bank account, you don't get injured anymore...

We blew all our cash on Maui...Just got back from 10 days in the sun and bikinis...Damn!

Thanks Dave.
Roundy had one sitting on the bench and loaned it to me. Great guy.
Bikinis in Maui, no way.?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Tony,

Question on Vipec unit...
Where do you get the base mapping from to run the system to start the tuning to develop programming to run the sled in all the varied conditions?

ALSO...

I understand the power and flexibility of the Vipec stand-alone system... and this is a respectful, sincere question...

Is it necessary to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and ditch the factory programming/ECU with some tweaks from a Bullydog reflash and/or a fuel/timing controller on the already developed Polaris programming?

What system will give you the best results in the end?
How much effort & time is involved in tuning the sled for all the different baro/temp/fuel scenarios that make for a truly useful sled to ride in widely varied conditions with each system (stand-alone vs. piggyback)?
What gains can be seen from one vs. the other in a practical manner that you will see a 'real world' (seat of the pants) return on time/effort invested?

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony,

Question on Vipec unit...
Where do you get the base mapping from to run the system to start the tuning to develop programming to run the sled in all the varied conditions?

ALSO...

I understand the power and flexibility of the Vipec stand-alone system... and this is a respectful, sincere question...

Is it necessary to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and ditch the factory programming/ECU with some tweaks from a Bullydog reflash and/or a fuel/timing controller on the already developed Polaris programming?

What system will give you the best results in the end?
How much effort & time is involved in tuning the sled for all the different baro/temp/fuel scenarios that make for a truly useful sled to ride in widely varied conditions with each system (stand-alone vs. piggyback)?
What gains can be seen from one vs. the other in a practical manner that you will see a 'real world' (seat of the pants) return on time/effort invested?

Good questions Eric.
I will use the stock ECU and piggyback to start, and may not deviate from those components.
The option that Roundy sent me, ViPec, was a gratuitous offer and much appreciated. Hopefully get the base map from Bryce. I have left a message in two different venues without reply to date.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IMO,

The 'resolution' of injector timing events, ie the precision of timing that the injection of fuel occurs, will be less sensitive the further upstream you move.

Although you can achieve more precise control over emissions with SDI or DI... your tuning scenarios have to be more 'spot on'...

I think that tuning this will actually be easier than you might think...

Good luck buddy!

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hey Tony, we need to hear this thing has fired up and talk of a dyno session!

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Update:
Hunting is still the hold up. We have one sheep down and headed moose hunting. We came out yesterday with Justin's ram 173 2/8". A great hunt????????

image.jpg

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
HOLY MOLY!!!!! I do not know anything about sheep hunting, but that looks like a pig!!!!

Get those tags filled so we can go sledding. I had some questions the other day... now I cant remember them. Getting old I guess... :face-icon-small-sho

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Update:
Hunting is still the hold up. We have one sheep down and headed moose hunting. We came out yesterday with Justin's ram 173 2/8". A great hunt????????

Is not 2/8 a 1/4" or are sheep measured funny?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
HOLY MOLY!!!!! I do not know anything about sheep hunting, but that looks like a pig!!!!

Get those tags filled so we can go sledding. I had some questions the other day... now I cant remember them. Getting old I guess... :face-icon-small-sho

Yes, that's a great ram for our part of the world. Thanks

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Rams and sheep are wonderful but do you have any updates on the injector relocation?

Them mountains are turning white..

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

Premium Features