• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Terra alps

C
Oct 29, 2008
I had a full mod motor built for my 2014 Pro Ride 800.
I am a flat land rider and do a lot of drag racing. Short track sleds. I have a 2015 INDY 800 and a 2014 INDY 800-which is the one Terra alps built the engine for.
Not even tuned, 80 miles on the engine, the mod motor beats my very well clutch tuned and very strong Stock motor by 5 lengths in a 660' drag race.
I took the Modded one to some drag races and even under revving by 300 RPMs I beat some very strong sleds in the 800 and 1000 Improved class. Then I had a red light!

Long story I know but gives ya an idea about how strong the mod motor is. Once I tune it next year and add a pipe it's gonna be an ANIMAL!
I would reccomend Terra Alps for sure and he has gone above and beyond helping me on the phone and through Messages!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I've read 9 stories about how he screwed the consumer over to every one that had anything good to say about him. FWIW

Are you a Gambler? The odds are against you.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
On a different site. A flat land rider has his 840 stroker, he said he is very impressed with it, they took it to dynotech it made 25hp and 15 foot pounds of torque. This was with jaws pipe and no fuel controller. Just in eth mode. It's on polaris star power if you want to read it for you're self.

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
On a different site. A flat land rider has his 840 stroker, he said he is very impressed with it, they took it to dynotech it made 25hp and 15 foot pounds of torque. This was with jaws pipe and no fuel controller. Just in eth mode. It's on polaris star power if you want to read it for you're self.

My 440 fan makes more than that. And I'm unimpressed with it.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I know TA has had a bad rep before but after seeing some dyno results lately I'm gonna bet that he delivers the goods next winter.
I'm in for a pipe kit at least.

D
May 17, 2016
I have the first 840 that I know of that has had one full season on snow. I started this project last summer with Ted,he took my idea and made it reality. Motor is awesome, no issues..lots of power and torque, more dependable then stock...over 1100 miles trouble free..if you own an Axys you should have one and my guess is Polaris will come out with a longer stroked motor in the future. Its that durable..

J
Aug 27, 2015
Steer clear. This guy built me a big bore smoked on the second ride then charged me a fortune for parts to get it running just so I could sell the ****in thing. There are people in our town that he's ripped off that literally want bad things to happen to him. One day someone will probably take a ball pien to his knees you can only rip off so many people.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
Ted has an attitude plain and simple.
He doesn't treat people right and he's in business to deal with public?

I've begged, called, messaged him for parts and no reply for months while he had my money

I've even sent new customers his way and he doesn't reply to them. (Who doesn't want new business?)

If you guys wanna deal with that ****, go ahead.

Premium Features