• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris clutch design

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Some of you may have seen the new Polaris RZR turbo"144hp" that was released tonight. It has a new upgraded primary and secondary clutch, what I found interesting was the primary clutch cover and the secondary helix design. I bet something similar finds its way into sleds in the near future, it looks a lot like some of the aftermarket designs that are currently available. It is suppose run cooler and provide longer belt life.

Start watching at 1:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHY5ki3qVII

clutch.jpg

Last edited:
T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Maybe it's just me but doesn't it seem odd that Polaris won't release the HP numbers for their sleds but they do for their Razors????? Just saying...............

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
They do have to push their HP #'s for sleds to the comrade EPA for determining their emission standards compliance. Part of the formula.

You gotta have the HP to market, before you market HP. Then you have to prepare to cover the target you just put on your back for your competitors to market against. An easy solution is - don't market HP, unless you really got something to sing about.

Remember the story of the little bird (My Name is Nobody), when you are in the Poo, keep your mouth shut.

Premium Features