• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FACTORY boosted Polaris Rzr 1000.

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Pretty sweet for sure! Just wish they didn't cost more than some small cars... :wacko:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The new 925cc turbo is pretty cool except for the price!!!!! The addressed quite a few of the previous issues and it looks like its gonna be one hell of a machine. I was disapointed that they didn't come out with a turbo 4 seater but then again, that would be another 2 grand!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The new 925cc turbo is pretty cool except for the price!!!!! The addressed quite a few of the previous issues and it looks like its gonna be one hell of a machine. I was disapointed that they didn't come out with a turbo 4 seater but then again, that would be another 2 grand!!!

I'd bet the 4-seater will show up within a year. Usually a year behind?

they need to make it street legal.
Montana allows you make practically anything street legal.
All it takes is a horn, illuminated rear license plate and a side mirror.
Everyone sells the street legal kits. They are a dime a dozen. LOL

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
they need to make it street legal.

That's up to your state and local government. Quite a few states have rules and regulations around making such vehicles street legal. But, some cities have ordinances that don't allow such vehicles, even though the state says it's okay.

This is the problem we have around here, there legal to drive down the road, outside of city limits but the local city ordinance prohibits them. Kinda goofy, but I think overt time, they will hopefully revisit this.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'd bet the 4-seater will show up within a year. Usually a year behind?

Yeah, I kinda figured that too but, I've been looking into them and was really hoping the turbo would come in a 4 seater!! O well, now I don't have to drop a **** ton of money into another toy........at least not right now!!! ha ha.

On another note, did you see the redesigned primary clutch on these machines?? Pretty interesting!!!!

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
$25k for only 144hp??? Guess they must be like sled stuff, put a ridiculous price on it and the masses will come running. You could buy a sweet used long travel rail for that kind of coin and spank the rzr in reverse;)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yamahas new SxS sure looks interesting.
https://youtu.be/3eWwmsvWbtc

This yellow Rhino 1k pic came out in 2012.
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/t9741-yamaha-2012

1000_y10.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I see it's not the same 999cc engine in the naturally aspirated RZR 1k.

This boosted engine is a 925cc.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
How much HP do you get out of a boondocker system on the 2015 1000? Is it more then the 144 on the factory kit? Would it be cheaper to buy last years and add their system?

Yes and no.......

The new 925 turbo has a ton of other upgrades, so it's not just a 925 with a turbo. The complete drive train has been updated as well.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I am guessing there will be a 4 seater in 6 months.

$25k for only 144hp??? Guess they must be like sled stuff, put a ridiculous price on it and the masses will come running. You could buy a sweet used long travel rail for that kind of coin and spank the rzr in reverse;)

For dune riding I am starting to think the same thing, for not much more you could have a LS powered long travel rail with 425hp.

Screen-shot-2012-04-03-at-2.25.23-PM.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
144 hp is awesome for me!

How much HP do you get out of a boondocker system on the 2015 1000? Is it more then the 144 on the factory kit? Would it be cheaper to buy last years and add their system?

The factory's... regardless of brand... will always have a more conservative power output than the aftermarket has available... the engine must be able to carry a warranty with a decent expectation of the unit lasting in the consumers hands.

Also... many of the aftermarket high output turbo setups require extensive mods to the engine and chassis to hold together.... so the price gets up there pretty quick... I have a good friend that is into his RZR for north of $50k... and his is the least expensive in the crowd.

IMO... 144 HP is VERY impressive for a 925cc mill.

For comparison... Boondockers turbo for the RZR-900 (875cc)
RWHP Dyno #’s 900: Stock = 67 hp, 6 psi = 93 hp, 8 psi = 118 hp, 10 psi = 128 hp, 12 psi = 150 hp

The frequently quoted Crank Horse Power (CHP) numbers are always higher hp numbers than actual Rear Wheel Horse Power (RWHP). High performance turbo valve springs required above 8 lbs/psi of boost.

Now granted, that is RWHP (rear wheel hp)...but still good for comparison... Plus... that is a turbo on a basically stock engine intended for NON boost applications.... it is amazing what kind of durability people are getting out of them. I know people that are claiming stock durability at 12psi... on a stock engine...but most people that I know that have run that, HARD, and for some time have had motor rebuilds with upgrades required after the engine 'grenaded'

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bP-9Ijmn_SU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

power-and-torque-large.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
According to that dyno chart, 4k rpm is where boost comes on.
Anything below that must have a bit of lag.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
AT this time, probably NOTHING for the Rzr4 market, unfortunately.

Premium Features