• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI is now offering a belt tensioner for FACTORY OEM Quick Drive

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For those of you who want to maintain Polaris OEM Quick Drive with STOCK gearing...

http://shop.tkicnc.com/Polaris-Belt-Drive-Factory-Tensioner-TKI-BDP10.htm
https://www.facebook.com/tkicnc
Our Products >> Snowmobiles >> Belt Drives >> Polaris Belt Drive Factory Tensioner
13917013090242057474156.jpeg

<FORM id=addToCartForm method=post action=addtocart.sc>Polaris Belt Drive Factory Tensioner

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->Price: $349.00

<!-- fmt:message key="product.addtocart.prefix"/ -->The Polaris Belt Drive Factory Tensioner for models 2013 – 2014 to tension the factory belt and reduce slack in the factory setup. This tensioner has been tested on factory and turbo sleds with great results. Slight to no modification to factory set up. Manufactured in the USA!!
</FORM>

Last edited:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
The QD belts are not designed to be tensioned (see here for visual).
If this actually touches and puts pressure on the belt it is likely a bad idea!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
I just don't get why someone would not buy the whole TKI drive from the get go.

If you buy:
A spare belt $180
Happy Face Tools at $60
TKI Tensioner $350

Sell your existing belt $100

Your at $640 and your still stuck with the stock ratios and $180 Polaris belts..... Break one of those Polaris belts and you have spent the cost of the complete drive.

For $200 bucks more you can get a awesome package and have adjustable options in gearing as well as belts that are cheaper and much more readily available.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
This is awesome and that price is tough to beat.

You mean it'd be tough to be more expensive right?
There was one discussed on here over the winter that was $150. Not as fancy but it's not like this part is visible while riding anyway.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I just don't get why someone would not buy the whole TKI drive from the get go.

If you buy:
A spare belt $180
Happy Face Tools at $60
TKI Tensioner $350

Sell your existing belt $100

Your at $640 and your still stuck with the stock ratios and $180 Polaris belts..... Break one of those Polaris belts and you have spent the cost of the complete drive.

For $200 bucks more you can get a awesome package and have adjustable options in gearing as well as belts that are cheaper and much more readily available.

DING, DING, DING! This is why I did it last year. After I lost my '13 belt, I was going to have to buy two (one to use and one as my backup). That would have been about $400 alone. Then I was told to buy the install tool because it's a biotch to do without. Another $80. I was around $500 so I just went with the TKI full setup and haven't looked back since. With a turbo, it really makes me sleep better.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You mean it'd be tough to be more expensive right?
There was one discussed on here over the winter that was $150. Not as fancy but it's not like this part is visible while riding anyway.

TKI stuff is very high quality IMO. I was impressed with the stuff I got. That part is not visible but very important in making the sled move.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
TKI stuff is very high quality IMO. I was impressed with the stuff I got. That part is not visible but very important in making the sled move.

Your experience is a polar opposite of mine. Just bought a Used, but un-used due to it being unusable, offset axle and the tolerances were way off.

The bearing fits were way off, one side of the axle was close, the other was oversized so bad they had to rejig the ends after anodizing to clearance them enough to fit.

I can only hope they have improved their QC. Or at least re-calibrate (zero) the CNC tooling more often to compensate for the wear.

I would however buy another, with it being oversized I can re-machine it if they have not fixed the issue already. I would lighten it further as well, as the thing is needlessly beefy. IMO

Premium Features