• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY 2015 RMK SNOWCHECK!! WOW... WHAT A SLED!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
RMK Model... My Favorite.

Just confirmed... With SNOWCHECK only.

It is basically an Assault with 39" RMK front width... and skid location...aluminum overstructure, alu rear bumper and Coolers, YEA!!

For $1000 MSRP less than an Assault!! (no brainer for me)!!

Snowcheck STD-RMK's do NOT have the ability to have the pivot riser steering post though, unlike the Std "in season" RMK's

You get a 3 year Bumper to Bumper warranty (what I'm told by Factory... if dealers reading this have better intel...please post it up)

You can configure a 2015 STANDARD RMK in your color choice... 163" series-5.1 track IS available on the Standard RMK's during Snowcheck

You can get Regular height or mid-height (-1") handlebars as your choice at no charge.

With these items included at no extra charge

• Pro Taper Mid-height handlebars
  • Hand Guards (with Low windshield choice only)
  • Steel Driveshaft
  • Cyclone Master Cylinder
  • Console mounted switches
  • Electric Start
  • Front-tunnel cooler
  • Low Windshield
  • Bogie Wheels on rear skid.
  • Painted spindles (on 60th annv. edition only)
  • Colored ski loops
  • Painted rails
  • Black Running boards (standard, not "burandt" boards)
  • Bonded A-arms
  • Walker Evans Clicker Shocks front and rear (same type as assault)
  • Hadlebar bag
  • Tunnel bag

The Red 60th Anniversary look really is growing on me.
And I'm a 155" Kind of guy... Time to go to the dealer for a chat.

Price, excluding delivery and any Dealer fees... $11, 999 for a SWEET Azz ride!! :amen:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PLUS I get the Golden Ticket for $1000 off the price of a 2017/16 model (am I that old now??)

Golden .jpg Build summary .jpg Snowcheck STD RMK 60th.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
PONDER THIS.

Copied from another thread...

mountainhorse:
Here's something to chew on for a while.

I've read post after thread after post about how all of the fans of Polaris would like it if Polaris would make the sled just the way that you want it... An RMK with Assault shocks, A Pro RMK with This color and these shocks... why can't they install better bars etc etc etc.

Well, this year... Polaris is allowing you to choose from thousands of different combos of sleds...

PLUS..Good new for those of you who may be sitting on the fence "A Golden Ticket" which is for anyone that buys a MY 2015... any combo. This Golden-ticket will be a voucher for $1000 for you to use to buy a 2016 sled... trade in or NOT.

If you get a good price from the dealer on your 2105 from the dealer... you wont be out of pocket that much selling your 2015 and getting into a 2016.

Right now, I have my sled in the garage upside down after just painting it...buying shorter handlebars and different color panels, diff shocks and bumpers... I wish I could have done that when I bought it.

xpicture.php,qalbumid=3305,apictureid=30352.pagespeed.ic.UnONYB1b6w.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Honestly with the ability to upgrade the shocks, and that it doesn't come with the old school bars/controls anymore....that looks like a pretty dang good way to go. CF overstructure, QD, and cooling concerns all addressed + saves a few bucks. I never imagined I wouldn't buy the Pro model....but for 2015 that is definitely an interesting way to go.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
MH...... You keep referring to 17 as you may know something. :face-icon-small-ton

Sweet sled!!!!!! The orange and black is my favorite. Heck it doesn't matter to me though. Everything I own, gets tore apart and modified, so no reason for a new sled. Heck I even modified my toilet flipper the other day for quicker response.

If I was buying new this is the direction, I would head.

Last edited:

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
are u sure the bar setup can be had with protapers and not the lay down style?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
RMK Model... My Favorite.

Just confirmed... With SNOWCHECK only.

It is basically an Assault with 39" RMK front width... and skid location...aluminum overstructure, alu rear bumper and Coolers, YEA!!

For $1000 MSRP less than an Assault!! (no brainer for me)!!

Snowcheck STD-RMK's do NOT have the ability to have the pivot riser steering post though, unlike the Std "in season" RMK's

You get a 3 year Bumper to Bumper warranty (what I'm told by Factory... if dealers reading this have better intel...please post it up)

You can configure a 2015 STANDARD RMK in your color choice...

With these items included at no extra charge

• 163" series-5.1 track IS available during Snowcheck
  • Pro Taper Mid-height handlebars
  • Hand Guards (with Low windshield choice only)
  • Cyclone Master Cylinder
  • Console mounted switches
  • Electric Start
  • Front-tunnel cooler
  • Low Windshield
  • Bogie Wheels on rear skid.
  • Painted spindles (on 60th annv. edition only)
  • Colored ski loops
  • Painted rails
  • Black Running boards (standard, not "burandt" boards)
  • Bonded A-arms
  • Walker Evans Clicker Shocks front and rear (same type as assault)
  • Hadlebar bag
  • Tunnel bag

The Red 60th Anneversary look really is growing on me.
And I'm a 155" Kind of guy... Time to go to the dealer for a chat.

Price, excluding delivery and any Dealer fees... $11, 999 for a SWEET Azz ride!! :amen:

PLUS I get the Golden Ticket for $1000 off the price of a 2017/16 model (am I that old now??)​

.​

thatsssss annoying......after owning my 2014 i would prefer the ability to cheaply change gearing and spend money on other performance goodies than a tki or c3 drive

i would prefer the bulkhead cooler but i wanted the 163....

and im heavy and the assault style shocks would suit me more and better for the flats.

ANNOYING, still not worth it. i would lose $3000-4000 selling my 14.

i would have settled for a 155 if the assault a "spring" snow mountain sled came with the bulkhead cooler and ordered with a 155.....​

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Thanks for the post MH. At first I was a little depressed about the release but after you posted this info it looks like they have addressed all of my gripes except maybe the ski rubber issue which I can fix easy enough. I could even put the tki drive on and be at the same money as the pro.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
are u sure the bar setup can be had with protapers and not the lay down style?

SnowCheck RMK's come with the flat top steering post and ProTaper bars.

EXCEPT for the "STOCK MODEL" which comes with the old style steel bars with pivot riser and the left hand elecrical controls on the bars. Also in the Stock model.. you do NOT get the color choices, upgraded shocks, free electric start, windshield etc. You DO get the 3 yr warranty though.

None of the Non-Snowchecked sleds will have the choices etc.

attachment.php

Stock model .jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Thanks for the post MH. At first I was a little depressed about the release but after you posted this info it looks like they have addressed all of my gripes except maybe the ski rubber issue which I can fix easy enough. I could even put the tki drive on and be at the same money as the pro.

Yep... If you wanted to put the aftermarket drive on, you would be "flush" with the PRO RMK... The Std will of course probably weigh a tad bit more from the cooler however. I'm also a fan of the steel driveshaft.

attachment.php

PRO annev.jpg

Last edited:
C

Carlos Randolph

Dec 2, 2007
Northfield Mn
I can't wait to go deal on one! Has anyone gotten any kind of Quote on price yet other than MSRP?
I will be going with the RMK- Matte orange, orange rails, black tunnel, e start, High bars, all the bags, orange bumper upgrade and off we go. Install the Powder pros, gauge lifter, underseat bag, mid hight windshield and the can off my 13............sweet deal if the price is right. 12g is a little on the steep side yet. 12g out the door ok.....

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You can get the mid-height WS as part of the deal, too, I believe. You get a choice, mid-height, or low with or without guards.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Handlebar Height

I like the height of my 2013 Pro. For 2015 you get to pick from low and high. Which description would match my 2013?

I apologize if it's been asked and covered already.

Why did the buzz about the 600 direct injection motor die out so fast?

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
mountainhorse Help?

This is the sled I will snowcheck. But in 600 form. It is a no brainer to me, especially here in South Dakota. I love riding my 2010 600 with coolers and no worries, when I hop on my wife's pro that heat thing is always on my mind.

Anyway... my question.

MountainHorse I hope you can answer this.

You stated "It is basically an Assault with 39" RMK front width... and skid location...aluminum overstructure, alu rear bumper and Coolers, YEA!!"

Does that mean it will have the assault rails, not the RMK, located in the bottom hole?

Premium Features