• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK Gearing (chain case)?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Hi all.

Looks like I am ditching BRP for a Rmk this coming season.
Besides the stock RMK, the Pro and Assault we are getting some sort of Assault/RMK hybrid over here.
Assault shocks, RMK track, RMK narrow front suspension, (welded a-arms), Pro taper bars, chain case, bigger radiators and no carbon fibre parts. Perhaps "a cheaper TDS without carbon fiber" is a better description.

Being a hotted up version of a standard RMK it should be geared as one too I guess.

So, Can anyone tell me what gearing the -14 standard RMK came with?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
x2 on gearing.

This sled is the standard RMK that was available for 15 at snowcheck with the popular options selected - WE shocks, Fly bars, Cyclone master cylinder, etc., along with custom colors. Looks like they saw the order spike in the US this spring and came up with composite for Europe. I wouldn't be shocked if some trickled over to the US showrooms.

So no Lynx for you. You'll enjoy the RMK. Good luck.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
So no Lynx for you. You'll enjoy the RMK. Good luck.

It is not 100% decided yet, but if so I sure hope I will enjoy it. I will tell the dealer that if it runs as bad as my last Polaris, -09 Assault, I will be returning it :face-icon-small-win

By the way. Does anybody have eye to eye length of all four shocks at hand?

Last edited:
S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
So Now it's a deal. I'm getting the RMK and it is supposed to get here in the beginning of November.

So looking at the shock package it seems the front track shock is the weak link, (the others are WE piggyback clickers).
Can anyone tell me the eye to eye length of the front track shock on the RMK skid? Could be good to know if I would stumble on something interesting.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The front track shock is definately not the weak link....It has a completely different job to do... Short stroke... low loading. It is calibrated to work in conjunction with the whole package.

IMO...Ride it for a while and then decide.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
The front track shock is definately not the weak link....It has a completely different job to do... Short stroke... low loading. It is calibrated to work in conjunction with the whole package.

IMO...Ride it for a while and then decide.

I don't know but it is, or has been, the weak link on every sled I have ridden all my life. I'm a big guy and perhaps it is how I ride but I seem to need quite beefy front skid suspension.
Have been running Lynx RS sno X shocks and springs on the Lynx the past two years and haven't once thought it to be "to much".

A friend of mine is a revalving wizard so I'm not that concerned, I already figured that I will most likely have to change springs.
It would however be great to get the lengths of the shocks to be able to keep my eyes open for nice replacement candidates.

Premium Features