• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY 2015 RMK SNOWCHECK!! WOW... WHAT A SLED!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
I know the way it should be, but He said belt drive. Which confused me even more...because than it really makes no sense...and you had to order the assault to get chaincase...I'm going back there tomorrow to straighten them out...

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
I just snow checked this bad boy today. Mountainhorse put the logic together and I just had to pull the trigger.

The 15 RMK Hybrid Assault " The Cooler Running, More Metal, Less Glue, Chain Case Driven And 3.3% Heavier Polaris Mountain Sled."

Thanks, AP.

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
Good Luck!! How did it turn out?

The dealer actually called me back yesterday, and said we are good to go! They don't sell many mountain sleds so he wanted to look into it deeper. He was very surprised what Eric had built! Thought it was a killer sled and deal.. 10560 with 4 yr warranty and all the goodies :) my 13 pro will be sad, but she will have to deal with it..:face-icon-small-hap

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You may have gotten a different aftermarket warranty, but the 15 has a 3yr ESC as part of snowcheck, which overlaps the first year B-2-B factory warranty, FWIW. At least that's what they currently post in the fine print. The 3yr ESC isn't added on to the 1yr OEM. In 14, the snowcheck was a 4yr ESC. Same fine print. Still, killer price for what you got, compared to 11-14.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Has anyone been able to confirm actual bar heights between the "Low & High" Pro Tapers?

What is the dimension, and where does it come from...post or bars?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
For the record... The "Low Rise" handlebars that are optional, from the factory during SnowCheck, on the 2015 RMK/Pro/Assault are 1" (one inch) shorter than the "High Rise" Handlebars on the 2015's.

The High-Rise handlebars on the 2015 RMK/PRO/Assault are identical to the Pro-Taper bars on the 2011-2014 PRO-RMK/Assaults.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
So on the standard model you get pro taper bars. And the "pro" controls for the lights hand warmers not the block on the handle bars?

how much does the starter weight 25 lbs?

And i have not riding anything with the quick drive, can you feel that big of a difference in how responsive it is in the throttle and how it handles?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Yes.. On the snowcheck ONLY... the Std. RMK comes with the PRO Tapers and the console mounted switches, "Cyclone" master-cylinder (same as PRO RMK)...

Starter is probably about 25 lbs with the stock battery ... You could easily drop 6-8lbs with a lightweight battery.

I've ridden both QuickDrive and Chaincase sleds back to back... There is a BARELY perceivable, to me, difference in the two... I'd bet that after a full day of hard-core boondocking that you may feel a little less fatigued.

For me... the chaincase gets the "nod" because of the availablily of the front cooler and the extra robustness that the chaincase has... There is a reason that the assault (RMSHA designee) gets a chain drove and not the QuickDrive.

In defense of the QD... We really have not heard much of issues with the 2014's... and believe me.... If they were out there.. this forum would put them under the magnifying glass.... IMO, the 2014's with QD's are more refined and evolved than the 2013's.

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
MH, do you know, or can you ask Polaris what the weight difference is between the std RMK and the Pro?

I would imagine it would be within 10-15lbs?? Assuming they were apples to apples. IE No extra wheels, etc.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I've asked ... no answer.

With the same shocks, a-arms, and handlebars...on both... The difference will be less than in the past.

My guess is the same as yours...

the CF rear bumper, CF overstructure, and Quick Drive and no front cooler...accounts for a little.

IMO...The amount of ice and snow that the front cooler sheds is worth it's own weight penalty.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
This is exactly what might be costing me some cash this year in upgrading my '12 PRO RMK. I really don't NEED a new sled, but to get the warranty, extra cooler, 163" track, assault type shocks (all around, I understand!!), etc etc, for much less than other years....plus, a "golden ticket", for use IN THE EVENT that Polaris comes out with something game changing in the next couple years.....

Wow, great deal, great sled. Confirmed with my dealer today on the options/price. I imagine I'll be snowchecking it. Trying to decide between the black/red color and the white/red.....or maybe white/orange. Decisions decisions....

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Even Poo is gonna be surprised how many of these they're gonna sell, non Pros, 163s and 155s. Gonna entice lots to upgrade there year of rmk, plus used sleds are hot.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
RMK 800 155. Front cooler, chaincase, no carbon fiber overstructure or bumper, and price. All plusses in my mind. Can't forget steel driveshaft.

Last edited:

fastmnstealth

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2010
Big Lake, MN
-163 RMK, ES, clickers, bags.

-Sold my 2012 155 Assault that had '13 upgrades (seat, boards).

-Reason to go new: front cooler, warranty, shocks. freebies, golden ticket

Premium Features