• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$4000 to spend

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
Hey guys. I'm totally new to Polaris. I've been riding a boosted nytro for the last few years. I tried a pro rmk last spring and couldn't believe the handling and how much lighter it is compare to my Yamaha. So I ordered one :). Now I was planning to just do a slp stage 3 and a ce track. I don't have a huge amount of money to spend on it this year. But I really like the idea of the new boards from skinz as well or about a tiki kit...What do you guys thing. What would u do if u only had $4000 for mods

Leftys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2010
Idaho
If you have running a boosted sled for years and enjoyed it, going to natural aspiration may not be that fun for you. Put the $4000.00 in savings and keep saving for a Turbo. Ride it stock till then.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
best bang for the buck seems to be the x3 track.
personally i wouldnt own a pro without a 36 inch front end.

those would be the first two things i would do if your arent up for a turbo.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
500 on a pipe set, 3500 for a new motor after poo voids your warranty....Man is summer over yet?
tunnel stiffeners, front and rear bumpers and a long rod motor.

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
You never said what year? (what model, track length, options, shocks etc)

New or used? (km's if used?)

What Kind of riding do you do? What is your favorite kind of day.

163, 2015 pro rmk. The only trail I ride is from the truck to the mountain.. I ride sicamous in BC 90% of the time.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Spend the $4g on gas and oil and beat up on everybody else that spent that money on aftermarket to compete with the Pro... I'm not even joking. lol

I would do a gear down kit (Kurts, TKI, C3) and clutch it for that, muff pot from woodsrider, tunnel stiffener kit, valve the shocks for your weight and then ride it to see if you think it's still lacking anywhere.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Ride it stock for a few rides.....ya just might like it!

I came off a boosted Apex to a stock Pro. That was 2012 and I rode it stock for a year and a half and bought another 14 Pro that will stay stock. Its pretty nice to just be able to trade in a sled if you feel like it and not loose your a$$. Eric

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I thought about doing a stage 3 SLP, 910 Carl's or one of the many other kits. It just seems like a lot of money and makes the sled much more finnicky for such a small gain. So I did as skibreeze mentioned and went Silber with Bullydog. After figuring out the rich map last year it has been awesome! I can't believe how hard it is to get on stock sled! Good reliability with a turbo on a Pro. Plus, the weight of a Silber turbo on a Pro is still less than a stock XM!

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
Ride it stock for a few rides.....ya just might like it!

I came off a boosted Apex to a stock Pro. That was 2012 and I rode it stock for a year and a half and bought another 14 Pro that will stay stock. Its pretty nice to just be able to trade in a sled if you feel like it and not loose your a$$. Eric

That's a really good advice :). I think I may just do that

Premium Features