• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adding oil to the gas

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
I know riders of other brands who add an ounce of oil per tank because todays sleds are leaned out so much. Is this advisable with the ETEC. Ordered to new ones and want them to last.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Don't do it on the new ones. Just oil and gas and go!!!!!

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Murrin said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSoup4U

It will burn plenty of oil the first few hundred miles without adding any extra, trust me on this...

,x2

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
kcj1317 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrin

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSoup4U

It will burn plenty of oil the first few hundred miles without adding any extra, trust me on this...

,x2

Thanks for the input. First time owner, have always borrowed from friends and family who used to be a dealer. Have never looked forward to winter before this year!

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Thanks all. I have looked over this forum a lot but can tell when new to owning it will be very helpful.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I was told adding oil to the gas can burn out the injectors. Not sure how true it is.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
i always did on my pro, no need on the etech

I never did on my two Pro's and never had an issue. But I know some guys do it and say it keeps the seals in the crank happy. The eTec seems to be a pretty solid motor, I wouldn't bother unless there were known motor/bottom problems.

Leftys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2010
Idaho
By adding oil to the fuel in most modern day fuel injected engines does nothing for bottom end lubrication. The oil pump takes that task on. If fuel is injected in the transfer ports (Most Common) the fuel goes through the port directed to the top of the piston and burnt. The charge never sees the crankcase (Primary compression area). The only thing you are doing is increasing carbon buildup on the top of the piston and VES systems if applicable. On the Etec Direct Injected engine the fuel/oil mix will never see anything other than the top of the piston and timed ignition, being burnt. Again this will only create more carbon buildup on the piston and RAVE system of the Rotax Engine. Hope this helps with your question. Cheers

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Leftys said:
By adding oil to the fuel in most modern day fuel injected engines does nothing for bottom end lubrication. The oil pump takes that task on. If fuel is injected in the transfer ports (Most Common) the fuel goes through the port directed to the top of the piston and burnt. The charge never sees the crankcase (Primary compression area). The only thing you are doing is increasing carbon buildup on the top of the piston and VES systems if applicable. On the Etec Direct Injected engine the fuel/oil mix will never see anything other than the top of the piston and timed ignition, being burnt. Again this will only create more carbon buildup on the piston and RAVE system of the Rotax Engine. Hope this helps with your question. Cheers

Premium Features