• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 M6 loading up/bogging

Rikster

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2012
I bought a 2005 M6 141" and notice a slight bog after driving slow or idleing. Seems like it is loading up with fuel. If I ride the sled hard it seems to run ok but if I take it easy or let it idle for 30 seconds after it is warmed up and crack the throttle it seems to spit and sputter for a few seconds then seems to clear itself out and run good. This gets really annoying if you are going slow and hit it right before you hit a drift, likes to slightly bog for a few seconds then run good after your through the drift. The sled has an aftermarket bikeman can and no fuel controller that I can tell of. I cleaned the powervalves which already seemed pretty clean. The sled seems to run fine if I ride hard but when my wife drives it, seems to load up a little. Ran 3 tanks of fuel through already and a can of heat thinking there might be some water in the system. Starts and idles fine. Any ideas?

Rikster

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2012
Yea I thinking of that. I did hear the M7 doesn't like cans but the M6 and M8 seem to be alright. I have a stock pipe on my M7 and seems to run good. Do you know if the stock pipes are interchangeable between the 2005 M6 and M7? Thanks for your advice

Rikster

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2012
I still have not found a stock can for my M6 but I drove it this last weekend and some of my friends thought the sled was running way too rich. Another sign of this was a few times when I started it, the sled would backfire. I did swap spark plugs and they seemed to be burning the desired tanish color with not much oily residue buildup. When the sled would load up with fuel, and I held the throttle wide open, a bunch of brown/black smoke would pour out of the exhaust. Does anyone know where the air temp sensor is located? I was assuming it was similar to an O2 sensor so I looked on the exhaust and didn't find anything. Someone also told me to check the fuel presssure and throttle position sensor. Does anyone have any information on the best way to check fuel pressure and the throttle position sensor? Sled seems to run worse in deep snow vs hard packed.

Rikster

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2012
For anyone who is wondering or reading this post, I did install a stock can on and fixed the problem instantly. I also had a friend that installed a bmp can on his crossfire 700, did the same thing right away, he however went and bought a GGB can and updated his sled to dump out by the A Arms like M series and he thinks that took care of his problem too. I would stay away from BMP cans for 2005/2006 M6 and m7 or similar.

Premium Features