• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel pump voltage too high?

S
Oct 10, 2011
I have an 06 m7 that I just replaced the fuel pump (matching walbro number from flip manufacturing) on after finding metal shavings in the tank while trying to solve a top end bog. Put the new pump back in and it was only making 15 psi. Tested the voltage and it was putting 16 volts to the pump? Hooked the pump to a battery and went right to 42psi. Any ideas what the cause of the 16 volts is? Shouldn't it be 12?

B
Sep 24, 2008
Western Slope. Colorado
I'm having a similar problem. Stock pump froze and was replaced with a flip pump. But I'm getting 17psi with 8v to the pump loaded, and 17v unloaded. Amp draw is 5-7. 2 SPI stators were tried with no change. Trying to find stock numbers for comparison has been a dead end so far.

B
Sep 24, 2008
Western Slope. Colorado
I (meaning my mechanic) finally figured it out. The AC pump only draws like 1.5-2 amps. The Flip pump is drawing 5-6.8 amps (on mine). Your going to have to get an AC pump. Voltage to the pump on the sled I had tested was 15. So your right in line there. The Flip pump may work on a sled with a battery, but the ones without just don't have enough juice. Good luck

Last edited:
Premium Features