• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Float R Evol users need some input

K
Mar 10, 2008
Robbinsdale, MN
The upper shock mounting bolts on 2010 & 2011 M sleds have a slightly larger diameter. Arctic Cat has an updated bushing kit available for Float R Evol shocks. Have your dealer contact them and it will be provided free of charge. The update kit part number is 0641-260.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Got to change sides left to right and the chamber will fit with the top orientation. If you just flip them over while on the same side as before they will hit the A-arm.

Do you have pictures with yours mounted air chamber up? Was hoping you might post a couple pictures of your evols mounted this way........seems like the best way to keep the chambers out of harms way.........

Dave

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Got to change sides left to right and the chamber will fit with the top orientation. If you just flip them over while on the same side as before they will hit the A-arm.

nice one....just did it. I had tried to flip them earlier. as they look so vunerable with the evol chamber down. Did not even think to swap left to right.

K

Klimbing Kitty

Hey Woody can you get me this Kit?

The upper shock mounting bolts on 2010 & 2011 M sleds have a slightly larger diameter. Arctic Cat has an updated bushing kit available for Float R Evol shocks. Have your dealer contact them and it will be provided free of charge. The update kit part number is 0641-260.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Here you go...

IMG_20101122_102837.jpg

IMG_20101122_102827.jpg

IMG_20101122_102817.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Shoot I just noticed one of my evol chamber caps came loose and fell off already. Damn, $12 + shipping for a new one through Fox Racing...

H
Dec 12, 2009
Shoot I just noticed one of my evol chamber caps came loose and fell off already. Damn, $12 + shipping for a new one through Fox Racing...

Try green loctite, its used for really small bolts and doesnt offer much resistance, but it is enough to keep finger tight bolts from taking off.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA

just checked mine one ride have evol R on the skis and rear arm and was about to lose two caps. I'm going to put a little blue on them and make sure they are nice and snug.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
What length of shock are you guys running? Can I fit a set of 18" x's on my cat? Thank you.

They're running stock M length, 17.5".

Yes, you can fit an 18" shock no problem. I have 19" floats on a set of 41" arms, and we've put the 19" on the M arms, but it sits funny. With 1" of sag though, they sat fine, so the 18" ones will do just fine & you'll gain a little bit of front suspension, which I really like on my sled.

Check valving though, if they're not intended for a cat, you may or may not like how the valving works for you, but that's pretty easy to have changed.

T

torchred

Dec 31, 2013
Hey Woody can you get me this Kit?

I apologize for digging up this old thread to ask this question, but do you need this updated bushing to install these Fox Float EVOL R's on an older 2009 M8 or is it just for the 2010-2011 M8's? I have a set of EVOL R's coming and will order the bushing now if I need it.

You can put the EVOL chambers at the top also right they don't have to be inverted?

Thanks

Last edited:
T

torchred

Dec 31, 2013
Just to follow up I am assuming I am the only dummy putting new shocks on an old sled, but if wondering the FOX EVOL R's bolted right up to my 09 M8, didn't need the different bushing.

T
Mar 24, 2015
There is a video out there some were I seen were McClure had said 45_65in mains and 125_150 in rebound, I have played with mine all year, the best place I found to start is to go right on fox website and look at were the recommend to start, about 45 in main and 150 in evol fr back country, I'll be dropping mine back to about 35 in fronts and 40 in rear for mains. It really makes the sled easy to side hill get up in the snow great and it is a very smooth transition from side hill to side hill, very effortless... you can still launch of cornices and ride hard in those pressures, you will notice some bottoming on very hard big mole holes on trails...

Hope that helps thanks

Premium Features