• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 clutch help

P

ped

Oct 22, 2011
York NE
I have a 2005 m7 the rollers in the primary clutch are bad. What are my options? I was told by an Arctic Cat dealer the only thing to do is buy a whole new clutch? Or is there a company that will rebuild this for me? I would like to get it done as soon as possible because it is snow season. Thanks for the help

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
x2 on replacing, I did buy a used clutch to set up for the mountains and existing clutch for the flats, the used one was in really good shape and has served me well, I always knew I had second one with if the other went, for piece of mind I think a new one is the best choice.

Last edited:
R
Nov 26, 2014
North Idaho
I have heard the rollers on a late 90's bearcat are the same diameter as the m series clutches. If the rest of the primary looks good you may be able to buy a rebuild kit for a 99 bearcat and be in business.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Thunder products sells everything you will ever need to rebuild your cat primary. Bushings, rollers, pins, buttons. Full billet spiders if you want to go that way. You will however need the proper tools. the spider tool is around $80 then you need the spider nut socket, around $35 and also a vise block that holds the clutch still while you take it apart. the spider is torqued to 350 ft lbs and there is plenty of red loctite on it so you also need a torch to heat it up a bit. just be careful not to heat the bushing on the movable sheave, unless you are planning or replacing it also.

https://thunderproducts.com/

Premium Features