• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 2009 stock no spark when really hot

I have a m8 2009 all stock . It runs perfect all day but when i shut it down when it is very hot it wont start back. I have no spark .always need to wait 10-20 minutes for spark to come back ..... i already replaced stator and nothing changed!

Any idea ?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
my first instinct is the stator, but if you replaced it and still have the same issue(re-wound,new,used?) I would think you could rule that out. I know the voltage regulator has cause some issues. There is also crank sensor next to fly wheel that gave me an issue on a 06M7 not the same symptoms as yours. The other spark related parts are the coils, they would be easy to change out if you have a buddy with same sled.

Also, I would recommend putting some vents in the exhaust side if you do not have them already. That might take care of issue.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
this was a pretty common issue on turbo sleds. they would put a switch in the water temp sensor circuit. turning the switch off would be the same as unplugging the temp sensor. the sled will start but run super fat until you plug the sensor back in.

Premium Features