• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Gloves-or Handlebar Gauntlets?

S
Jun 22, 2011
I prefer to ride with thin water replellent gloves on my sled but hate cold hands. With a dirtbike I prefer light gloves also so I have a wraparound handguard installed and just purchased the Powermad Guantlets from amazon. Primarily because they are made to go around the hand guards and also have a preformed ring to keep the guantlet open for easy hand enter etc. They also have a 1 year no questions asked warranty. I have ridden street bikes in cold weather with a cheaper style of these and it was hard to get hands into guantlets with gloves on as they would hang up so I hope the open hole design helps. Also the streetbike did not have handguards and the wind would push the guantlet against the levers and make then difficult also. On the positive side I ended up not even wearing gloves in 30 deg weather at highway speeds nice and warm.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM1...r=1-1&keywords=powermadd+handguards+gauntlets

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
I prefer to ride with thin water replellent gloves on my sled but hate cold hands. With a dirtbike I prefer light gloves also so I have a wraparound handguard installed and just purchased the Powermad Guantlets from amazon. Primarily because they are made to go around the hand guards and also have a preformed ring to keep the guantlet open for easy hand enter etc. They also have a 1 year no questions asked warranty. I have ridden street bikes in cold weather with a cheaper style of these and it was hard to get hands into guantlets with gloves on as they would hang up so I hope the open hole design helps. Also the streetbike did not have handguards and the wind would push the guantlet against the levers and make then difficult also. On the positive side I ended up not even wearing gloves in 30 deg weather at highway speeds nice and warm.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM1...r=1-1&keywords=powermadd+handguards+gauntlets
Thanks for the link. I'll give these a shot.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
hang 'n on

45 years of riding enduro's you learn to not hang on toooo hard, so on my snow bike I can wear big fat gore tex gloves no big deal, drives others crazy, ...........just relax, encourage the bars don't grab them, no white knuckle. Is nice on the 800 once in awhile on the way back in the dark to light up the grips.

bought a set of those big elephant ear gauntlets, haven't remembered to run them yet in deeep powder, looking forward to trying them this year. doubt the wr has enough juice to run a light and dry out gloves at dark.

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Don't waist your time with bulky difficult to use guantlets. The best solution is to install some heating elements under your grips. Then you can use comfortable thin riding gloves for full non-fatiguing control. My 2 cents.

C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
Yes, that's the best option, unless your bike doesn't have an electrical system to run them

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
jmo

i love the gauntlets myself. use a water proof moto x type glove most of the time. hands arn't so hot that snow melts on them cuz of heated grips so they stay dry.
its gonna come down to personal preference i would say.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
I ordered the Powermadd gauntlets and they are pretty cool. Bars are totally accessible and it looks like they won't hinder use in any way. Thanks for the info.

W

wntrland

Sep 6, 2008
I've used the PowerMadd gauntlets on my Timbersled for the last couple of years now. I really like them. Some friends who have tried my bike can't stand them. Totally a personal preference issue.

T
Nov 24, 2010
I just ride with bark busters and thin gloves. You can always have a pair or two spares in the ol pack. I just like the control that comes with thin gloves. I have heated grips i havent installed yet. I am sure they will be handy when
Temps are in the teens.

Oz

Last edited:
H
Nov 4, 2011
Anyone found some gauntlets that work well?!

There are some ski gloves that have heaters built in but I'm worried they will last about as long as a few pairs of ski pants that I used last season. (not long)

Seems like the heated grips are the favourite.

Pray for snow brothers.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
I have to vote for the power MADD gauntlets also. Ran them last year on my kx and took some crap about them from fellow riders but most are running them this year, or have ordered them. In the heavy snow tree bashing the gauntlets take the snow and your gloves stay nice and dry.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Henstra ski gloves ( from Sweden) Goretex with wool liners and the Yamaha soft Hand-guards (velcro on) over my Bark busters. Without the heaters nothing melts and my cloves stay dry all day. Good to -20 celsius.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
I love the Fly Snow glove. I carry 3 pairs. They get wet, especially from digging out an arctic cat sled buddy. But I think a gauntlet is the way to go in extreme cold.

Premium Features