• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best replacement reeds

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
What is the best replacement reed for a pro turbo? I have had stock reeds in for 2000 miles and never had a complaint. During tear down I notice that a couple of tips on top reeds are singed and looking to repair.

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I don't know of anything better than stock. 2000 miles on a set of reeds is good. I was replacing reeds on my M8's between 500-600 miles. I haven't had to change a set yet on any of my Polaris sleds.

I have been told that the stock Axys reeds are very good. I don't know if they'll fit on a Pro, but worth looking into.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The stock reeds do pretty good. I do like the Vforce 3R reeds but you do take the chance of having a poor idle.

I did install the Axys ones in my 13 Pro and did like them. There is a thread about them and I posted pics showing the difference. With the Polaris Axys set you gain a Rubber seal instead of the gasket and IMO there are much better built but you loose the air deflectors because the Axys has them built into the Air manifold. I did not see in ill effects but it could.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Stock reeds work really good on the Polaris. Also, the Boyesen turbo spec replacements for the stock cage are a great reed.

Premium Features