• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running Silber water to air on axys

T

turbo pro

Dec 19, 2010
Just wondering who is running there water to air on there axys or who has one on order and coming?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Honestly we don't push the water to air intercooled setups. They are available bur we think the standard kits will exceed the needs of most everybody we talk to and keeps the kit very simple.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Like the "Boston Racing stated the Standard kit is very simple, clean and straight performs.

When you start running higher boost and making long pulls it simply can not hurt to lower your intake temps. I myself will be running one this season just so I can give my thoughts.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
I have one, not real impressed with it. My cooler on the bottom of the sled leaks. Seems like casting flaws. I've welded it twice now. Also seems like the pump is always churning air bubbles. I'm either going to revamp the whole thing or take it off. Another thing is the intake temp sensor is ahead of the intercooler. So when the air is hot on the sensor then cooled going into the motor, is the fueling map going to be off? Just wondering. It looked like the boondocker has the intercooler right off the turbo, then the sensor down stream to read the actual temp of air going into the motor. Does any of this make sense?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Love the turbo kit over all though, just don't know what to think of water to air system.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Putting the heat exchanger under the belly pan is so retarded IMO. Silber, Boondocker, and TSS all do it this way I just don't get it why not put it in the tunnel where it has protection and endless amount of snow on it??

Personally think if your under 10psi its prolly not needed, Like Boston said this new sled and Axys motor is so impressive at 7psi that 99% of the people can't out ride it anyway.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I have one, not real impressed with it. My cooler on the bottom of the sled leaks. Seems like casting flaws. I've welded it twice now. Also seems like the pump is always churning air bubbles. I'm either going to revamp the whole thing or take it off. Another thing is the intake temp sensor is ahead of the intercooler. So when the air is hot on the sensor then cooled going into the motor, is the fueling map going to be off? Just wondering. It looked like the boondocker has the intercooler right off the turbo, then the sensor down stream to read the actual temp of air going into the motor. Does any of this make sense?

The sensor on the intake tube is a MAF sensor and does not measure air temp. There is not an Intake temp sensor on the sled. The only temp sensor is the one the top of the head cover which is for fluid temp.

No worries about the map changing. The cooler air rushing into the engine will only help things.

Last edited:
I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
The sensor on the intake tube is a MAF sensor and does not measure air temp. There is not an Intake temp sensor on the sled. The only temp sensor is the one the top of the head cover which is for fluid temp.

No worries about the map changing. The cooler air rushing into the engine will only help things.

I believe these sleds run a T-map and a combination of speed density and alpha-n, they definitely aren't MAF though. The T-map measures IAT as well, and IAT is necessary for any properly running EFI system.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I believe these sleds run a T-map and a combination of speed density and alpha-n, they definitely aren't MAF though. The T-map measures IAT as well, and IAT is necessary for any properly running EFI system.

I think your are correct... Typed before thinking on the correct abbreviation.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
What I meant to get across was it does not just read Temp and or solely make any adjustments based on just temp.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

Hate it when I miss words!!! Sorry.....

From what I thought the TMap sensor takes a base setting at start up and then corrects from the point... Is that correct?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
So with all of this, The sensor is taking several readings and is always adjusting.

Question is would having the sensor before or after the IC change the mapping? I guess yes would be the correct answer. But is it enough to change the whole design? Not sure how much it would change it and it would enrich the system?

The cooler air is still a good thing.. it will only further the life of your engine and reeds.

Plan is to do some testing myself as well this winter. I do think there is some changes coming from the Silber IC though....

C
Jul 30, 2011
Smithfield Ut
I am trying to decide wether to run water to air this year, running 7-10lbs. Wouldn't having cooler dense air than the ecu is reading cause a lean condition? It may be minor on short pulls but wouldn't it get worse on longer pulls as the charge temps increase? Maybe I am overthinking things but wouldn't you want ecu to calculate fuel off the air entering the motor vs the air entering the inter cooler?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Silber tested it both ways and found the sled performs better with the sensor where it is located.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT

Oh, I was under the impression it was a pressure and temp sensor.
Anyway I still don't know what to think of the whole thing.

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Oh, I was under the impression it was a pressure and temp sensor.
Anyway I still don't know what to think of the whole thing.

No... I miss spoke! It is a Tmap... It was tested both ways and works best as positioned.

Premium Features