• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spark plugs come loose

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
Before you chase your tail running around fueling issues take the rktk pistons out of it or have the head cut to match. Seen this problem quite a bit actually. The fix kit pistons are not the same dome profile as the stock pistons so you are going to fight it no matter what. There is a 2 degree difference on the crown of those pistons over stock and therefor changing your squish angle. Just my experience so take it for what you will. Good luck

T
Oct 31, 2016
Spark plugs coming loose

I've been running a boondocker turbo setup for a couple years now. I had the same issue only my sled literally spit a plug right out twice. Couldn't find it once. I talked to Boondocker and ended up using a spark plug with a lock ring built into it along with different tuning and I started running av gas instead of race fuel. I have zero issues now.

I did the install myself and made one mistake. I had two of the lines to the external waste gate actuator swapped which gave me full boost all the time even when my programmer was set to 6lbs. Did all those fixes and it runs great and very reliable. I am looking at going with the low compression head so I can run pump gas and push more boost. Seems to be the best way to run these kits.

Travis

Premium Features