• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Floats 40% off on Polaris.com right now

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Those are the fronts. The rear skid floats are also available, Burandt front and rear, for $717 US. Doesn't look like you can buy just one or other, just the pair. You'll likely never see new that low priced again.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Anyone on this side know if these shocks will fit a pro climb/viper mtx?

Not sure about rears, but the fronts are too short. 38" front end on a proclimb/viper takes a 17.1" shock and the 13-15 Pro font end takes a 16.625" shock. Even if they did fit, you would still need to have them re-valved correctly to have any benefit from them.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
damn, i spent $2300 on them 6 months ago! havent been about to tune them in very well with the lack of snow, awesome on big hits, really stiff on small bumps going down trail

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
damn, i spent $2300 on them 6 months ago! havent been about to tune them in very well with the lack of snow, awesome on big hits, really stiff on small bumps going down trail

Are you using Carl's setup? It's a slightly different from Polaris recommendation

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
How do you guys have you're fox shocks set up at. Main and evol and rebound. for front or rear suspension.and rider weight. Thanks.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Are you using Carl's setup? It's a slightly different from Polaris recommendation

i am using the carls setup, i had them set up per their recomendations then have kinda been fiddling with them, i got the fronts first and they have been sooooooooooo good like 200% better than stock, so i got the rears, and they are great on the jumps and mountain riding, more stiff and harsh on the trails tho. i dont know what weight ridier their setup is for tho. im about 220 all geared up with av pack. we will see, just needed more time on the snow

TommyF

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2010
Strasburg, Colorado
Decisions Decisions.

Was looking to upgrade the stock WE shocks on my 14 Pro. Was leaning towards Raptors - haven't found any negative feedback on the Raptors. The price of the Fox Floats on sale are hard to pass up though.

Anyone use/ride with both of these setups share some experience? A lot of the feedback on the Fox Floats on here indicate they are hard to get dialed in. Looking to upgrade both the front ski shocks ad both skid shocks. I am running the Alt Impact 36" front end.

Thanks in advance.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Decisions Decisions.

Was looking to upgrade the stock WE shocks on my 14 Pro. Was leaning towards Raptors - haven't found any negative feedback on the Raptors. The price of the Fox Floats on sale are hard to pass up though.

Anyone use/ride with both of these setups share some experience? A lot of the feedback on the Fox Floats on here indicate they are hard to get dialed in. Looking to upgrade both the front ski shocks ad both skid shocks. I am running the Alt Impact 36" front end.

Thanks in advance.

Raptors are far and away better than the floats, even the double evol version that Burandt runs on his actual sled. These floats are probably better than stock for most people and the price right now is the real driver.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
How do you guys have you're fox shocks set up at. Main and evol and rebound. for front or rear suspension.and rider weight. Thanks.

Normal riding, 225lbs fully geared, 39" front end, running 55/80 (main/evol) rebound 9 clicks, shocks rebuilt annually, really like it. Front is very compliant, but can take hits, huge difference from stock. Rear usually starts at 130/145 last season, but I've run from 120/140 to 135/160, rebound 10-12 clicks, can take big hits with more pressure, but compliance on a whooped out stretch is tough to find without sacrificing travel. No complaints in deep snow. Running about 0.75 inch of preload on the front skid shock. Stock Carl's valving all around, gonna try another rear setup this year.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i had my local dealer price match the shocks. saved me the shipping cost.
polaris’s shipping charges are outrageous.
i almost bought a set of these for $1400 at the end of the year, but the deal fell through.
got them for just a little less at the dealer!!

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I just got 2 sets thanks! So whats a good starting point for setup on these?

Premium Features