• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do the carbon fiber rear bumpers on PRO RMK break?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
PES sells a real Carbon Fiber replacement cheaper than the cheap carbon fiber look (fiberglass) stock one. None of the Carbon Fiber tubes used on the PRO are actually 100% Carbon Fiber. If they were they would Last!

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
Had a 2012 and a 2013 rmk pro and never broke one put over 4000 mountain miles on them and never Had one break. Just don't grab it dead Center when lifting a stuck sled. I and the guys in my group and I lift o e hand near the edge of the bumper mount and another on under the tunnel on the side. Just my experience. It is a joke for a bumper. Now front bumpers that's another story been through 8 extreme bumpers and 3 stock. Ride a lot of thick trees pulling some very technical riding.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Not true! Pull a good wheelie and hit that sucker on something and it breaks.

^^^This.... on my stock sled I didn't break one, my turbo sled it lasted about 2 days I think

J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
Hasn't broken yet on my '11. I think its an abrupt impact or shock that really does them in (i.e. hitting a stump or rock). Just to be on the safe side, I usually lift at edges. Same goes when towing sleds. I do not tie the rope in the center. I tie the rope around each end where it meets the cast piece. This way the bumper is almost in pure compression.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Breaking is one thing, also notice how smooth stock bumpers are?

Sure can make it tough to lift on when all snow covered. I went to the extreme rear bumper and although it is aluminum it is still super smooth, i added grip tape for something to grab onto.

Last edited:
Premium Features