• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker pump gas turbo?

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I have been a skidoo guy for several years now but I'm thinking of trying the switch to Polaris. Also wanting to get another turbo sled. I see boondocker puts out a pump gas turbo and I'm wondering how much difference there is between that and their higher HP turbo. It also doesn't have an intercooler. From those of you who have ridden both please give me some input. Also compare it to a stocker. Thanks!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure what qualifies as a "pump gas turbo kit" anymore.... Actually I have never really understood the whole pump gas and race gas being different kits with different components. In my opinion it is more valuable to run an intercooler on pump gas then race gas to keep from DETO on pump fuel and also running as much boost/power on pump as you can. You can run pump or race on any kit.

If you do live in Denver do yourself a huge favor and drive up to Kremmling or call VOHK and talk to Erik about it, he will get you setup for your riding style, HP demands, and price range. I heard he built some pump gas units this year running 6-7psi without intercoolers and 10psi with the W/A intercoolers. Seriously though your only a couple hours from one of the best performance/turbo shops in the country have it built and tuned right.

D
Sep 5, 2012
Craig CO
Not sure what qualifies as a "pump gas turbo kit" anymore.... Actually I have never really understood the whole pump gas and race gas being different kits with different components. In my opinion it is more valuable to run an intercooler on pump gas then race gas to keep from DETO on pump fuel and also running as much boost/power on pump as you can. You can run pump or race on any kit.

If you do live in Denver do yourself a huge favor and drive up to Kremmling or call VOHK and talk to Erik about it, he will get you setup for your riding style, HP demands, and price range. I heard he built some pump gas units this year running 6-7psi without intercoolers and 10psi with the W/A intercoolers. Seriously though your only a couple hours from one of the best performance/turbo shops in the country have it built and tuned right.

I agree 100% Their work is second to none.

Premium Features