• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long tracking the old Phazer

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Track ? Info

116=bare rails 121=@4"extension bracket on rails, 136=@12 bracket extension where the rear wheel track adjustments is. Track can mayde up to 1-1/2" lug, 1" to 1 1/4" is easy and fun fix!!!Add pipe, jetts and clutch-s work and you might have more fun than the grand kids. Read some of the above posts(might P.M. Tom W jr for spot on tech). Hope this starts you in the direction your kooking for!!! l<>l !!!!:target:

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Might try powerwash & blow dry both w/air lance,check a new belt, otherwise new springs and weights. Might check thread on upgrade from yvx spider (3white nylon to 6 black) as on more current bushing,or just rebuild what you have as there are several springs and weights to choose.My 3 kids & 3 grandkids love all 10 of our phazers & ll's 84" to 96" 2-116", 5-121", 3-136" hard to pick a favorite, depends on conditions.Set up good these are tough to beat FUN sled for all ages !!!!! l<>l !!!!:face-icon-small-coo

A
Jan 13, 2012
Central Washington
I put a 136 X 1.5" on my wife's 96 Phazer-II long track with 8 lug drivers. It was a bit of a struggle getting the drivers back in but once in there is enough clearance. Have had no problems with this. It made a world of difference in the deep powder. The track I took off my 96 Summit.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Checking out the Phaser2 and see it has no hand or thumb warmers. Has anyone added these? What wires do you use when I add these?

Aerosled were the 8 t ooth drivers the stock ones you used when you installed the 1-1/2" lug track?

Last edited:
A
Jan 13, 2012
Central Washington
I'm pretty sure the reason most say you can't use the 8 tooth drivers with the 1 1/2 inch paddles is because the clearance will be too close for the snow to clear out between the paddles and bulk head. I asked an old wise sled builder about this before I switched the tracks. He recommended to put the drivers on a laith and turn them down about an 1/8th of an inch and it would work fine.

I didn't have access to a laith so these drivers are pure stock. I can barely get a finger between the tip of the paddle and the bulk head. There are quite a few miles on this track now in all types of snow. we have had no problems except the discouraged riders with high dollar sleds when they see a 50 year old woman on a phazer in places phazers shouldn't be.

IMG_6140.jpg IMG_6141.jpg

N
Feb 28, 2015
Need help

I have a 1999 phazer 2, I'm looking to buy some upgrades for it, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some or if they had any. I am lookling for an aaen pipe or psi pipe, 38mm tmx flat side carbs, reeds, stiffer front struts/shocks and stronger rear shocks or springs? Or any other modifaction skis,seats, ect.

Anything will help please,

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
Put on a new belt, otherwise new springs and weights.
Might check thread on upgrade from YVX spider (3white nylon to 6 black) as on more current bushing,
or just rebuild what you have as there are several springs and weights to choose. :face-icon-small-coo
Where do I find information about this bushing upgrade ?
:help:

K3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Sorry for the late response as it is dirt bike summer-spring time here ??? I will try to find the thread on modifications or Yamaha 2-stroke or in my manual of info when I return to 1 of my 2 homes l<>l!!!

Premium Features