• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Crossfire set up

L
Oct 12, 2009
Winnipeg MB
Hey guys I just picked up a stock 2011 Crossfire 800 LTD 141" and want to get a mountain set up for Yellowstone. Not into high marking just playing in the powder. Want to put a 2" track and wondering if the Diamond drive gears need to be changed? Also what helix cut and weights would you suggest.

Straight 36 helix and 65 gram weights work? Or?

Thanks

would need for 6000' to 9000'

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
57/63 gears
141 2.25 PClaw track
M A arms
helix and weight sounds good.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
57/63 gears
141 2.25 PClaw track
M A arms
helix and weight sounds good.

This.

I ran 3800 miles on an 11 Xfire at 9k & up in CO, First thing is arms... if you run wide arms with a short track, it will wash out badly. I'd actually look at the 36" M kit from alternative imapct, the narrower you go on a short track the less you lose traction on the front of the track in a sidehill.

The 2.25 PC is a great track, I'd rather have more paddle given the choice, I'd think about possibly going to a 146 CE 2.5 just for the lug, but you'll spend more on the track, and more making the 146 work on a 141.

Never ran that sled stock (boosted it new) so not helpful on clutching, but it looks like you're close. I'd think about doing the open helix if you're changing anyhow, that gives you ability to change spring/ add SA washer without removing helix, and lets you adjust secondary tension.

If by chance you can find the 144 CE 2.5 track... that would be a good choice as well. It's no longer made I don't think, but worth taking a look for.
If you really wanted a sweet setup though... the new 2.6 from the 2016 is hard to beat. Best track in that length range by far.

L
Oct 12, 2009
Winnipeg MB
Ok so here is forsure what I am up to

Just bought a 2.25 PC 141 track
looking for the setup for West Yellowstone to run this track at elevation.

I will run my stock factory setup with the 1.6 here in Manitoba and do the switch out when we make our way out west.

Anyone have any suggestions? Don't really want to blow a lot of money trying to get the right setup

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
Ok so here is forsure what I am up to

Just bought a 2.25 PC 141 track
looking for the setup for West Yellowstone to run this track at elevation.

I will run my stock factory setup with the 1.6 here in Manitoba and do the switch out when we make our way out west.

Anyone have any suggestions? Don't really want to blow a lot of money trying to get the right setup

Hey, I'm In mb as well. Bud & I both are running 2010 cf s. I'm runnin a 1.75 bc & he switched drivers to 2.52 & is runnin a 2" finger 144. We are both using adj primary weights w cutler gold/white, cut cups & glide washers. I have a thunder ABC kit as well. We both have been running X-1 secondary set ups ( I hate the word kit) We both have had Mel @ Formula X-1 rebuild our secondary hubs as well. X-1 fixes these sleepy dd cats. Can run stock primary set up with it as well. Backshfts instantly & just pulls wayyyy harder & doesn't go flat like stock clutching. I'm also running same set up in old 06 cf700 w backcountry. I have another x-1 on the shelf right now for another 07 cf800 of a friends

Premium Features