• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***turbo kit for my 08?!***

T
hey im looking for some help finding a good turbo kit for my sled. ive narrowed it down to either a silber or turbo performance.

i guess i should start by saying what im looking for: i want a true bolt on kit that barely needs tuning at first. i also would very much like a detailed installation manuel, since ive never installed one before.

pro for silber is the price and how much you get with the kit and it comes with an instalation manuel.
cons not as known or used as turbo performance

pros for tp: alot of poeple run them, mening there must be something good about them
cons its a bit pricier and not sure it come with an instruction manuel and comes with less.

i could really use the expertiss of the snowest members

any info would help
thanks
jesse

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Thanks for the link swrev.

Is your engine solid? Is your crank good? How many miles on your top end? The install is actually quite easy. Sent you a PM.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Suggestion

Get it running first, dial it in, and then do a complete re-build with dual-ring pistons. Thats where I'm at. Got it running, set up great, now for a new custom chassis and built engine.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Theres been a lot of debate over single and dual ring pistons in a turbo application....personel preference....depends who you talk too. I ran MCB dual rings. Always a good idea to rebuild your top end every season with a turbo or 2000-2500 miles.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
What kind of fuel milage are you guys seeing with your kits? Could I get 65-70 miles on 13 gallons of gas or am I SOL?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Not a problem if taking it easy. I take fuel anytime I think I may get over 40 miles. Hill climbing where you have lots of long wide open pulls is extremely hard on fuel. Boondocking isn't too bad.

Premium Features