• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can not figure out what is wrong with 1983 enticer.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I have a yamaha 83 enticer 300 that has a issue I can not figure out for the life of me. It misses on the mag side cylinder, it does it the worst under half throttle. When idling the temp of the pto cylinder will be 300F and the mag side will be 110F. The mag spark plug is usually wet.

What I have done/checked.
- cleaned carb and verified flow from the fuel pump
-New CDI
- New spark plug wire caps, swapped wires and ran it to verify it is not a cdi/coil issue.
- Compression check showed 98psi on both cylinders
-sprayed carb cleaner around pto crank seal and all around intake to check for air leaks.

I am out of ideas as to why that one cylinder misses when they both share the same carb and both have the same compression with good spark. Any ideas are appreciated!!

Last edited:
S
Jan 2, 2010
I have a yamaha 83 enticer 300 that has a issue I can not figure out for the life of me. It misses on the mag side cylinder, it does it the worst under half throttle. When idling the temp of the pto cylinder will be 300F and the mag side will be 110F. The mag spark plug is usually wet.

-New CDI
- New spark plug wire caps, swapped wires and ran it to verify it is not a cdi/coil issue.
-sprayed carb cleaner around pto crank seal and all around intake to check for air leaks.

I am out of ideas as to why that one cylinder misses when they both share the same carb and both have the same compression with good spark. Any ideas are appreciated!!
Plugs? What ones are you using?

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
300 enticer

if the fuel pump pulse line comes from that side it may be leaking trhough the diapfram in the pump letting excess fuel into case, pinch it off and try ita little, happened to me filling the case. will need pump rebuilt.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
if the fuel pump pulse line comes from that side it may be leaking trhough the diapfram in the pump letting excess fuel into case, pinch it off and try ita little, happened to me filling the case. will need pump rebuilt.

Checked the pulse line and it is dry.

i would point toward coil. if your plug is wet must have weak spark.

Swapped the plug wires around and it was still the mag cylinder, it should have switched to the other cylinder if that was the issue.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

-New CDI

where does it say you changed the plug..??...did you

Premium Features