• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference between x and sp

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I was just going to ask about this...well, specifically:

What is the difference in 'feel' to the rider between the different handle bars?
By what I understand, its only the bars and shocks that are different between the two.
And $450.

I've read many say the X shocks aren't really that much better in 'ride' and 'feel'. Yes I know the X's are rebuildable/serviceable however.
What about revalving the stock X shocks?? Anyone played with that?
One could ride the SP shocks for a couple seasons, then pick up some used/rebuilt X shocks....or simply go aftermarket with the $ saved from the start?
Granted, aftermarket for 4 shocks looks like at least $1500 to $2000 plus...so $450 isn't going to get you too far there.

And finally, the colors, I honestly like the SP orange best. The red/black is nice, but I'm not paying a 200$ premium for 'color', get real.

Last edited:

Circus Midget

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
When comparing specs online it shows the SP comes w/ 2.25" track and the X comes w/ 2.5" track. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
When comparing specs online it shows the SP comes w/ 2.25" track and the X comes w/ 2.5" track. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

There's one place/ way to get it to say 2.25 it seems, but a few other ways say 2.5. The 2.5 is what I've been told down to the 146, that's one of the main reasons I'm looking, is that it's the only sub 153" sled that comes with a 2.5 stock. I wish the 137 came in a 2.5... that's what I'd prefer to have ideally.

Btw, the 600 comes with the 2.25, the 800 (137 FR aside) comes with a 2.5 from what I'm understanding.

Premium Features